News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Frank Sullivan

Courses under construction in Florida?
« on: March 20, 2009, 12:18:21 AM »
Anyone know of courses under construction (or in planning) in the Tampa/Orlando area?

How about Florida in general?

Mike Sweeney

Re: Courses under construction in Florida?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 04:46:24 AM »
http://www.providence-golf.com

Drove by it in December and looked like it just opened. Have not heard anyone who played it. It is near Reunion.

PS. A little birdie now tells me Providence has been open for 18 months and say it is not worth the trip.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 06:41:04 AM by Mike Sweeney »

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 07:31:33 AM »
Nothing in Palm Beach, Jupiter or Stuart area
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 09:10:32 AM »
Nothing in NW Florida for several years.  Jerry Pate was building a residential community course just east of Pensacola a couple of years ago, but the builder went bust and the course was never completed.  Nothing has closed so we are in limbo.  Maybe that's a good place to be these days!

Bruce Leland

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 04:35:22 PM »
Nothing in NW Florida for several years.  Jerry Pate was building a residential community course just east of Pensacola a couple of years ago, but the builder went bust and the course was never completed.  Nothing has closed so we are in limbo.  Maybe that's a good place to be these days!
An even 7500 posts Bill!!  Thankfully, the old Pro is keeping busy cashing checks on the Champions Tour!
"The mystique of Muirfield lingers on. So does the memory of Carnoustie's foreboding. So does the scenic wonder of Turnberry and the haunting incredibility of Prestwick, and the pleasant deception of Troon. But put them altogether and St. Andrew's can play their low ball for atmosphere." Dan Jenkins

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »
Ashley Farms near Ocala may open soon as a public course. The planned real estate community will never materialize as it is a victim of the WCI Chapter 11.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 06:06:35 PM »
An even 7500 posts Bill!!  Thankfully, the old Pro is keeping busy cashing checks on the Champions Tour!

Saw Jerry at physical therapy last week.  He seems to spend more time there than on the tour, it's been that way for years.  He is a player when he's healthy.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back