News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt Varney

Re: You want to buy a golf course?
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »
My belly button depth is 1/3" and my chest pecs are defined still v-shaped at 36.

I love the Hey Matt..... Nice Tits  that is a classic....... Phil jab from Steve Williams 

PCCraig

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2009, 12:58:51 PM »
My belly button depth is 1/3" and my chest pecs are defined still v-shaped at 36.

I love the Hey Matt..... Nice Tits  that is a classic....... Phil jab from Steve Williams 

eek.
H.P.S.

Chris_Blakely

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2009, 01:42:38 PM »
I, too, favor open communication, but Matt simply listed an opportunity, he didn't come out swinging. When first questioned, he answered in a perfectly reasonable, mild mannered fashion. Anyone wishing further info should pick up the phone or contact him directly.

It is a real shame when folks on this site don't trust each other enough to simply read something and take it at face value. The need to dissect everything, to question each motive, to delve deeper and deeper into folks' personal lives, on a golf course architecture discussion site, surely must be one of the signs of the coming apocalypse.

I've never met Matt, but even if he were 5'7, 150, I'd be happy to share a beer with him.

Lighten up, folks. As one of my best clients says, chill out, man, have a beer.

George-

I really didn't think I was the one who put Matt over the edge, nor to I ever want to fight him. I was just saying that if he or anyone else has a significant stake in a course, and posts something about it, they could and maybe should let everyone know upfront. If they choose not to it really wouldn't matter to me either.

So, is GCA.com going to dip into it's endowment to buy this course or what???? Just kidding!

Pat, I'm not calling you out. It's not any one person, it's the whole site. I don't see the need for some sort of blanket disclosure to each post or each thread.

"Hi, I'm George Pazin, I'm not a member of any private clubs, I don't own any courses, I'm considered a right wing nutcase by the lefties on this site, a libertarian nutcase by many people close to me, I'm a mediocre golfer who doesn't struggle to keep up, I prefer to carry, but will ride if forced, I can provide clean blood or urine tests if so desired..."

We are going to sound like one of those ridiculous disclaimers at the end of every commercial on the radio.

Huck's right, chill out, man, have a beer. :)

George,

I could not agree more.  I though early on some posts were leaning towards being combative towards Matt whom I do not know at all.  I took the post as him giving people on this site as a heads up about a course that will be on the market soon.  I 100% agree sometimes we just  need to RELAX.

Chris

John Mayhugh

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »
As far as Rarity Mountain goes and hosting an event for GCA guys - this event just got a lot smaller after seeing some true colors.  I have nice short list of people that I have met on this forum that will enjoy playing the course and meeting the Dye's the day of the event.

Now I'll never know what flavor moonshine Pete Dye prefers.  ???

Mike Hendren

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2009, 02:25:02 PM »
For some reason I feel compelled to weigh in and point out that not all Hillbillies are morons and that neither Anthony Gray nor Matt Varney has Hillbilly Tour status.

Also, for the uneducated, when  Anthony asked Matt "how big an ole boy are you?" he was quoting the great Southern prankster Roy D. Mercer - not calling Matt out.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Anthony Gray

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2009, 02:36:20 PM »
As far as Rarity Mountain goes and hosting an event for GCA guys - this event just got a lot smaller after seeing some true colors.  I have nice short list of people that I have met on this forum that will enjoy playing the course and meeting the Dye's the day of the event.

Now I'll never know what flavor moonshine Pete Dye prefers.  ???

John,

I think you're still on the list....Just don't ask Jethro (Matt Varney) why Pete Dye likes to put a green in the middle of a cement pond.

Anthony

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2009, 02:43:18 PM »
Michael,

Why I outta put a popknot on yer head big enough for a calf to suck on.   ;D

Be careful or I'll Ibe on you like a cockroach on a HoneyBun!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 02:45:52 PM by Craig Edgmand »

Matt Varney

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2009, 02:59:23 PM »
Guys,

Can I post a link to audio tracks on this thread?

If I can you all are going to laugh your ass off if I upload a few things.  Yesterday on this thread will be nothing compared to the Roy Damn Mercer tracks I upload.

Jethro

Anthony Butler

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2009, 03:32:42 PM »
I, too, favor open communication, but Matt simply listed an opportunity, he didn't come out swinging. When first questioned, he answered in a perfectly reasonable, mild mannered fashion. Anyone wishing further info should pick up the phone or contact him directly.

It is a real shame when folks on this site don't trust each other enough to simply read something and take it at face value. The need to dissect everything, to question each motive, to delve deeper and deeper into folks' personal lives, on a golf course architecture discussion site, surely must be one of the signs of the coming apocalypse.

I've never met Matt, but even if he were 5'7, 150, I'd be happy to share a beer with him.

Lighten up, folks. As one of my best clients says, chill out, man, have a beer.

George-

I really didn't think I was the one who put Matt over the edge, nor to I ever want to fight him. I was just saying that if he or anyone else has a significant stake in a course, and posts something about it, they could and maybe should let everyone know upfront. If they choose not to it really wouldn't matter to me either.

So, is GCA.com going to dip into it's endowment to buy this course or what???? Just kidding!

Pat, I'm not calling you out. It's not any one person, it's the whole site. I don't see the need for some sort of blanket disclosure to each post or each thread.

"Hi, I'm George Pazin, I'm not a member of any private clubs, I don't own any courses, I'm considered a right wing nutcase by the lefties on this site, a libertarian nutcase by many people close to me, I'm a mediocre golfer who doesn't struggle to keep up, I prefer to carry, but will ride if forced, I can provide clean blood or urine tests if so desired..."

We are going to sound like one of those ridiculous disclaimers at the end of every commercial on the radio.

Huck's right, chill out, man, have a beer. :)

George,

I could not agree more.  I though early on some posts were leaning towards being combative towards Matt whom I do not know at all.  I took the post as him giving people on this site as a heads up about a course that will be on the market soon.  I 100% agree sometimes we just  need to RELAX.

Chris

When people start attacking you, the hardest thing to be is NOT defensive. The second hardest thing to be is NOT offensive.

When you can master these two skills you might get to be President.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:34:19 PM by Anthony Butler »
Next!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2009, 03:33:05 PM »
This thread was a lot better before everyone started coming on and putting context behind all the trash talk....stop it already will ya!!!

Much better to use the imagination in watching these two homies go at it Southern boy style.  ;)

Matt Varney

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2009, 03:42:40 PM »
Kalen

I agree totally I posted something I thought people would be interested in and got slammed openly on the forum.  So I took it down the redneck path wanting to stomp a mudhole in Anthony when he asked me how big a boy are ya!

Kalen send me your e-mail address so I can something really funny.

Matt

Kalen Braley

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »
Good stuff Matt,

Just click on that little envelope thingee and it'll pop right up.   ;D

As for these GCA.com guys, don't worry about em.  Thier bark is much worse than thier bite. ;)

<------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:45:25 PM by Kalen Braley »

Abe Summers

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2009, 10:58:07 PM »
Thank you Matt for posting this.  A few people I know have been intrigued by this kind of opportunity recently and I have passed your message along to some of them.  If you have any more information keep me in the loop.

Matt Varney

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2009, 11:12:37 PM »
Abe,

Send me an e-mail to: mvarney@activstrategy.com

Kalen,

I never received your e-mail please try again I want to send you something really funny that will make you laugh.

Matt

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back