News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt Varney

You want to buy a golf course?
« on: February 25, 2009, 03:17:37 PM »
GCA,

Please take a look at Buck Point Golf Club

http://buckpointgolfclub.com/album.php

It was designed by P.B. Dye its located on Brookville Lake in Liberty, Indiana.  No debt carry on the course or on any of the assets and all equipmet is included asking price is $600k.

If your interested please send me an e-mail to mvarney@activstrategy.com and I can provide additional information for your review in consideration of evaluating this course for purchase.

Matt

PCCraig

Re: You want to buy a golf course?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:32:35 PM »
Whoa that is cheap.

Only problem is it's kind of in the middle of nowhere. However I enjoy the computer graphic "bucks" on the website.
H.P.S.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 04:36:51 PM »
How much shoreline does it have? Is the marina included?

Tempting for someone who wants to be a golf course operator....

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Matt Varney

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 05:02:35 PM »
The property is under a long term ground lease with rights to pull water for irrigation from Brookville Lake.  The state of Indiana holds the lease and it can renew in 2038 for a flat fee of $100 for another 30 year lease term.  The Corps of Engineers controls the shoreline along the lake and the marina is not included in this deal.

Acreage is available adjacent to the golf course that allows for seasonal cabin/cottage development that could be for stay and play packages.  If you need more information contact me and I can share confidential financials, lease agreements, equipment asset lists, etc...

Doug Ralston

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 09:07:49 PM »
Matt;

What a shock to me that one of my favorite courses in this area [58 minutes from me in Cincy] is forsale. This course is a pleasing combination of 'simple country course' and PB Dye design. It is not a supercourse, but has a lot of really fun and challenging holes. The back nine is especially interesting. And of course it has some lakeside ambience, which has to upvalue the property.

Now I DO wish I had some money. $600K for this little gem is a worthy investment, if you believe our economy will recover. Hopefully someone agrees, because if this course went under it would be a real loss, IMHO.

Thanks for the info. Let us know what happens.

Doug
Where is everybody? Where is Tommy N? Where is John K? Where is Jay F? What has happened here? Has my absence caused this chaos? I'm sorry. All my rowdy friends have settled down ......... somewhere else!

Matt Varney

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20:19 PM »
Doug,

Don't be shocked you have understand the personal situation behind the reasoning for P.B. Dye to want to sell this course in this down economy.  I am glad to hear you enjoy playing the course and please pass along to anyone who is interested so they can contact me.

This is a great opportunity for an owner operator club pro that would like to have their own facility that can market the course to players during the golf season.  This course is a good track with some nice holes and it is being maintained annually at a cost of $260k.

I am going to post the course on eBay this weekend.

Matt

Jason McNamara

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 09:56:24 PM »
So I am clear on this, Matt...  Are you one of the investors behind Rarity Mtn., or their mktg guy?

Matt Varney

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »
Jason,

I am trying to understand my role with Rarity Mountain and this thread related to selling Buck Point Golf Club.  The only thing these two courses have in common is the Dye name.

So where are you coming from and the point of your question.

Matt

Adam Clayman

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 10:14:21 PM »
A hard working frugal mechanic'in super should consider this.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:37:30 PM by Adam Clayman »
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jason McNamara

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 03:26:14 AM »
Jason,

I am trying to understand my role with Rarity Mountain and this thread related to selling Buck Point Golf Club.  The only thing these two courses have in common is the Dye name.

So where are you coming from and the point of your question.

Matt

Rarity Mountain and Buck Point have one other name in common:  yours.

Because you've always used "we" when referring to Rarity Mtn., I assumed you were one of the owners.  (Though I realize now that if you were one of the owners, you probably would have just told me that in your msg above.)

Anyway, you now show an "activstrategy.com" email address.  Makes sense, given that guests here can't message you to ask about Buck Point. 

That domain represents a consulting/marketing company that does work for Rarity Communities.  If it is your job/ contract/ commission to promote RM (or BP), I think that's a relationship you should have made more clear.  So I am asking you to declare any interest in either or both, just as Jim Thompson did (on page one of the "Who Are You Guys... Really" thread) regarding his (then-)relationship to Angels Crossing as an owner/investor.  Or take Mike Vegis as another example.

If you've detailed all this before this week (beyond a generic "we") in a post I couldn't find, then...
    I am in the wrong
    I hereby apologize to you right now, and
    I will edit my posts on this thread accordingly, after an appropriate amount of time to display this public apology.

And if you haven't declared an interest before but want to do so now (say, edit your first post here), then no apology, but I will gladly remove my posts on this thread ASAP.

UPDATE:  Matt, I looked and tried a dozen different searches.  Everything I found was simply "we're" doing XYZ at RM.  Since any user has access to his own posts, please point me in the right direction.  (Or add the info here - heaven forbid anyone repeat himself on this DG!)  I am pretty certain you've never mentioned BP before, so that disclosure can still go here.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 01:29:14 PM by Jason McNamara »

Matt Varney

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 09:49:23 AM »
Jason,

Please take the time to read some threads on GCA.

Then you can edit your posts with regard to me, Buck Point and Rarity Mountain.

Matt

Chris_Blakely

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 11:07:12 AM »
Matt,

I thought I read somewhere maybe on this site that P.B. Dye was the owner of the course and even owned a home on it.  I thought he also wanted to retire and live here.  I have played the course and it is a lot of fun.

Chris

John Mayhugh

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »
Matt,
I've seen most of your posts about Rarity and had the opportunity to meet you and talk some during the attempted outing at Holston Hills.  I'm not really clear on your role at Rarity, though.

I agree with Jason that if you are going to post a "for sale ad" on GCA, you should make clear your interest in the venture. 

This is nothing personal.  I just think full disclosure is appropriate.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 01:39:40 PM »
Matt,
What authority do you have to post the course for sale on ebay this weekend?

PCCraig

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 01:53:54 PM »
Jason,

Please take the time to read some threads on GCA.

Then you can edit your posts with regard to me, Buck Point and Rarity Mountain.

Matt

It's kind of sketchy why someone asks you point blank what you do and your relationship with these places are and you still dodge around the answer.
H.P.S.

Matt Varney

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 02:29:25 PM »
Guys,

I am not dodging your questions I am just busy as hell today working on some projects that need to get done this month.  Let me clarify a couple things -

1.  I work closely with the founder of Rarity Communities for corporate development, technology and strategic partnerships.  I hope this clears up anything in doubt.

2.  I have many personal relatioships in the golf industry and one of those is with P.B. Dye.

3.  I am licensed real estate professional in addition to be a business strategy consultant.

4.  I can post whatever I want on eBay or GCA when the managing partner wants me to handle the communication between anyone that would be interested in this opportunity.

The last time I looked around GCA was not a classifieds website it was a discussion forum and I have seen hundreds of threads over the years about could we build a golf course for a couple million.  Well let me tell you if you want to buy a course for well under that number this is your chance and it is designed by P.B. Dye.  We will sell the course its just a matter of time and I was giving all you golf nuts a heads up first.

As far as Rarity Mountain goes and hosting an event for GCA guys - this event just got a lot smaller after seeing some true colors.  I have nice short list of people that I have met on this forum that will enjoy playing the course and meeting the Dye's the day of the event.

Matt

Brent Hutto

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 02:47:36 PM »
Matt,

You're not exactly pouring oil on troubled waters by posting yet another non-answer to the question then appending a blanket insult on the folks you claim to be trying to reach. If you are not deliberately obscuring your stake in this deal then you have the worst communications skills of anyone in your line of work I've ever seen. You're getting the worst of both worlds, nothing in your dissembling inspires confidence that you're speaking with authority yet it also does nothing to dissuade the notion that you are in fact working from some vague brief on behalf of the owners rather than being Just Another Golf Nut on the forum.

And finally, the purpose of this forum is not up for re-definition by some guy trying to work a real-estate deal. Sorry.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 02:50:23 PM by Brent Hutto »

Matt Varney

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 03:09:08 PM »
I am done guys you all are way too serious really about this forum.

Not once on this forum have I asked anybody to buy anything from me on a real estate deal this was giving you all a heads up nothing more.  I am doing a favor for a personal friend and if any of you understood the situation you would back off.  Your pretty damn tough via a forum I would love to see you say it to my face in person anytime your ready.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 04:01:10 PM »
Your pretty damn tough via a forum I would love to see you say it to my face in person anytime your ready.

How big of a boy are you?

Brent Hutto

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 04:04:06 PM »
Your pretty damn tough via a forum I would love to see you say it to my face in person anytime your ready.

How big of a boy are you?

Well, he didn't say he was a big boy. But he's close personal friends with several big boys and just thought we might like a heads-up that they would be able to kick our ass.

Matt Varney

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 04:11:14 PM »
6'4" 255 lbs workout everyday

Man-to-man sometimes a bloody nose and an ass whipping is the only way to settle something like this when you have someone that wants to call you out on the forum. 

Anthony how big a boy are you and where do you live?

I live in Knoxville, Tennessee and I will give you my home address or better yet come to my gym where we have kickboxing rings setup so we can beat on each other until somebody falls down.

Scott Warren

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 04:14:42 PM »
I wonder if anyone on the internet ever admitted to being 150lb, 5'7" with a paunch.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 04:15:04 PM »

Man-to-man sometimes a bloody nose and an ass whipping is the only way to settle something like this when you have someone that wants to call you out on the forum. 

I live in Knoxville, Tennessee and I will give you my home address or better yet come to my gym where we have kickboxing rings setup so we can beat on each other until somebody falls down.

This is ridiculous.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 04:15:32 PM »

6' 4'' 255....PERFECT....... I need a good workout.... What is the address of your mom's house?

Anthony

Eric Smith

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 04:19:45 PM »
Watch out Antone.

At the Holston outing in December

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back