News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jonathan Cummings

Pat Perez?
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:01:45 PM »
Golf Channel focusing on Perez this week due to his win last week?  As Matt says .... Pleeeeaze. 

They've just announced that "stay tuned" for Perez's pick for the Super Bowl.   :o  No disrespect but I'm sorry --- spare me. 

Now what is something we can anticipate from the GC is the upcoming special about the Negro Golf League of the 30s, 40s, 50s.  I look forward to seeing "Uneven Lies" - it has the potential of being quite eye-opening and novel considering the golf programming we are use to.

JC

John Keenan

Re: Pat Perez?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 06:07:57 PM »
Without Tiger around it is tougn on the GC. Phil out of the FBR so no"names" to focus on.
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 06:31:38 PM »

So who did he pick? I can't stand the suspense. ;D

Anthony

Greg McMullin

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 06:39:47 PM »
Guys, I realize this is OT but lets call it like it is - the GC is 80% filler, fluff and stuff that no one really needs. Its basically bubble gum for the brain when you have some time to kill.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 06:50:12 PM »
Jim MacMahon has been on half of their programming as well.....bare feet and all.

" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Kalen Braley

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 06:56:46 PM »
As long as we're keeping things upbeat and cheery, looks like the weekend will be a barn burner as the following are also likely to miss the cut too:

Azinger, DiMarco, Leonard, Cink, Stricker, Kim, JB Holmes, Howell 3, Calcavechia, Appleby, Cabrera, and Couples.  I guess these guys just really wanted to watch the big game instead.  ;D

Kenny Perry is feeling it though, he's right in it!!   :D

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 07:00:38 PM »
Guys, I realize this is OT but lets call it like it is - the GC is 80% filler, fluff and stuff that no one really needs. Its basically bubble gum for the brain when you have some time to kill.

Seems like whenever I switch it over I catch a snippet of either a Total Gym infomercial with Wesley Snipes or the ever comedic "Hammer" driver infomercial with Thor the Ridiculous.

Greg McMullin

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 07:16:01 PM »
OT: Maybe I'm being to hard on the GC but what about that latest effort to help all golfers  - The Golf Fix with Michael Breed. Fast paced and interactive  -- you can text your problem in to Mike and he'll have a fix for you "just like that". Amazing stuff ......................................

PCCraig

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 09:15:04 PM »
Someone needs to fire Gary McCord...I swear to God he is a total idiot. While Tim Herron was playing 16 he was hawking his golf course where-the-course-means-zero which apparently is up the street. If he likes his stupid club so much they should lock him in there.
H.P.S.

TEPaul

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 09:08:06 AM »
From some of the posts on this website over the years I often wonder why some on here even bother to watch golf on TV or the GC. McCord is a total idiot and should be fired??? McCord is basically all about humor but it seems like the "Humor Barometer" amongst golf fans is incredibly low and sinking from there!  ;)

I might suggest those disappointed in the GC switch over to The Comedy Channel or the Discovery Channel.   ::)

Kalen Braley

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 09:15:07 AM »
Tom Paul,

I have a simliar take on this...while McCord certainly says some lame stuff here and there, I would take him any day over "hushed and reverent tones" Nance, or "criticize the hell out of everyone" Johnny Miller or most of the other golf announcers who have a personality that is best resembled by a cardboard box.

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 10:20:32 AM »

So who did he pick? I can't stand the suspense. ;D

Anthony

He picked the Cardinals.  And I am sure that pick had nothing to do that he is playing in Phoenix this week.  ;)
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

PCCraig

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 12:03:33 PM »
TEPaul...

Gary McCord is still an idiot. Quite frankly I would say the same about anyone who actually laughs out loud at his stupid banter.
H.P.S.

TEPaul

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »
"TEPaul...

Gary McCord is still an idiot. Quite frankly I would say the same about anyone who actually laughs out loud at his stupid banter."

Is that right?

Well, then, I hope that makes you quite a guy, in someone's opinion.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back