News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

goldj

Indian Creek
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »
A few months ago there was a number of postings regarding Indian Creek including one by Wayne Morrison which had a wonderful series of pictures of this great old course.

It seems that the pictures have been removed from the site. 

Is it possible for them to be reposted.

Many thanks and Happy New Year to you all.

Jim

Norbert P

Re: Indian Creek
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 12:53:27 PM »
 I assume you mean the one in Florida. This probably isn't what you're looking for, but it's a way to bump the question.

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=12&Z=17&X=733&Y=3577&W=1&qs=|Indian+Creek|FL|

"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

goldj

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »
Yes, I was referring to the Indian Creek in Florida.

Appreciate the link to the overnight but I was referring to the hole-by-hole pictures that Wayne Morrison posted in October or November.

Calling Wayne Morrison.

Andy Silis

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 06:01:58 AM »
Bump

TEPaul

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 06:22:45 PM »
goldj and A Silas:

Wayne's not on this website. He was over here yesterday and I asked him about returning but he says he's into other things and isn't interested. I did tell him we sure could use his knowledge as well as the fact that people sure do enjoy all those photos and drawings he posted, including Indian Creek. He reminded me they're all on my computer too. I told him I don't know how to post stuff like that and he told me he'd show me. Maybe some other time. I wish he would return but what're gonna do? I don't think I should get into this over-all type of thing again because most know where I stand on it anyway but people like Wayne, apparently the only member on here of an important club, Merion, as well as one of its primary historians needed and needs to be treated on here with a certain amount of respect what with the information he has or could provide. Some don't seem to understand that and made some pretty unreasonable demands as well as implications. They seem to think the whole deal on here is only all about some kind of freedom of information or something. That's fine, I guess, in theory, but it will limit some specific material for this website and that doesn't do any of us any good.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »
goldj,

He took his ball and went home.  ;)

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

John Mayhugh

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »
I don't think I should get into this over-all type of thing again because most know where I stand on it anyway but people like Wayne, apparently the only member on here of an important club, Merion, as well as one of its primary historians needed and needs to be treated on here with a certain amount of respect what with the information he has or could provide.

I miss Wayne's participation on the site.  Earlier this week I played with a Merion member who spoke very highly of Wayne and his enthusiasm for golf architecture and history.  We need people like that on this site and I wish he would return.  I understand that he's not able to share some information and I think most everyone respects that.  The key is not to talk about information that you have IF you are unwilling/unable to share it. 

Could you define "important club" for me?  I think that our fellow participants that are members of NGLA, Shinnecock, Seminole, Sand Hills, Crystal Downs, etc. might also be interested in what the important clubs are.

JESII

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 07:27:20 PM »
John,

I think all Tom meant was that Wayne was the only Merion member that was an active poster on here...not that Merion is the only important club represented on here.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 07:37:05 PM »
John,

I think all Tom meant was that Wayne was the only Merion member that was an active poster on here...not that Merion is the only important club represented on here.

I have no way of knowing what he meant.  I was just questioning what actually wrote.

JESII

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 07:56:58 PM »
Clearly...I was offering my opinion of the intent of his comments...

Craig Disher

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 08:04:33 PM »
goldj,
The photos of Indian Creek were posted last September on this thread -

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,15732.msg750924.html#msg750924

Jonathan McCord

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 11:35:38 PM »
I would be glad to post some of my collection of Indian Creek.  It is an amazing place and truly a place where one can learn about how to design on FLAT topography.  The genius in Flynn's bunkering and green complexes are astounding.

I will post in the next couple of days as I need to get some sleep.
"Read it, Roll it, Hole it."

Andy Silis

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 07:21:27 AM »
Craig;

Thanks for the thread.

My host/friend who is a member at CC of Fairfield and The Everglades Club is taking me there to play in early Feb.

Looks like classic Flynn with lots of strategic angles and greens that look borderline diabolical.

Love the bunkering.

TEPaul

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 09:02:12 AM »
John:

What I wrote and meant is Wayne was the only member contributing on here from AN important club, in his case, Merion, and fortunately for the website he had an awful lot of material on it. He has an awful lot of old photographic and other old architectural material on most all of Flynn's courses too, including Indian Creek, the subject of this particular thread.

"The key is not to talk about information that you have IF you are unwilling/unable to share it."

John, I don't buy that---never have. I view this website and particularly its DG as an OPINION entity. I do not view it as something akin to a courtroom with its legal procedures such as "Discovery" where someone may not mention something physical or offer opinions on it without first showing it to some perceived "other side" (such as the Prosecution or Defense in a court of law) on this website first. Again, this place is for opinion; it is not like a court of law even though some people have tried to treat it that way.   ;) 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 10:17:22 AM by TEPaul »

Jim Nugent

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 09:16:30 AM »
Come back, Wayne.  GCA.com is weaker when you don't take part. 

goldj

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 11:02:09 PM »
goldj,
The photos of Indian Creek were posted last September on this thread -

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,15732.msg750924.html#msg750924

Craig,

Many thanks.  These pictures are very helpful.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back