GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

The Evolution of 13 at Rustic Canyon is posted

(1/2) > >>

Ran Morrissett:
Written by Geoff Shackelford, it is an account of how the 13th hole at Rustic Canyon came into being.

The link to this article is found in the third page of Rustic Canyon's course profile and some 20 pictures are included, which show the hole's evolution from start to finish.

Unless one is in the industry, one may have little idea as to what goes on during the building of a golf hole. Geoff's article directly addressses that issue and we are very lucky that Geoff took the time to take us 'behind-the-scenes' of what can really happen in the real world of golf course design. Even the ubiquitous Tom Paul makes a heralded appearance!

Cheers,

PS As you read it, it's probably worth mentioning that many consider the 13th among the 2-3 finest holes on the course.  

Jeff Mingay:
Geoff's write-up provides great insight into the development of a golf hole through consistent on-site involvement by the architects. We should all be appreciative of Geoff's willingness to sit down and commit the time to share this info. with us in writing.

And, as has been said before, we must also continue to be appreciative of this website. I mean, where else can you find substantial writings on golf course design and construction besides GolfClubAtlas.com? No where.  

Great stuff!

brad miller:
I second what Jeff has just said, maybe over time more green committee heads/ members and potential club developers will use the site as a resourse

Yancey_Beamer:
Congratulations to Geoff for this remarkable tutorial on the process of designing a hole.Having played the hole I can only say-Thanks for both the information and the course!

RJ_Daley:
A very enjoyable and informative piece of writing and series of evolution photos.  Well done!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version