GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Miracle on Breeze Hill

(1/13) > >>

Patrick_Mucci:
If you are interested in how a golf course begins as a lark,
as an isolated dream, and becomes a reality, read,
"Miracle on Breeze Hill" by Lowell Schulman.

It is a fascinating study in "The Process"

SGD:
Patrick

I presume this is the same gentleman who developed Atlantic Golf Club on Long Island.  Is it a hardback or softback book?  How do I go about getting a copy?  From the club?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick_Mucci:
SGD,

It is written by Lowell Schulman who conceived the idea, built and initially ran the club.  It is a neat, insiders view, on nearly every aspect of the project.  In reading the book, you realize how substantial a part LUCK can play with every phase of the project, and the potential pitfalls that can sidetrack or sink a project.

I received a copy from Lowell yesterday, started reading last night, and was done by 2:00 am this morning.  I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and I think most on this site would too.
It is enjoyable and educational.

I am looking into getting more copies to give as gifts, and will fill you in on the results of my inquiry.

It is in hardback, published by:

The American Golfer
200 Railroad Avenue
Greenwich, CT  06830
Phone 203-862-9720
Fax     203-862-9724

Patrick_Mucci:
I berlieve the book can be obtained through either the Metropolitan Golf Association, or the Westchester Golf Association, with all proceeds going to the caddy scholarship fund, hence, I believe the purchase may be tax deductible in whole or in part.

Patrick_Mucci:
Go to: www.mgagolf.org to read a very brief summary and order the book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version