News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dean Stokes

Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Doug Siebert

Re: Confidential guide anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 06:22:36 PM »
Well, if we needed further proof that the economy is having trouble here it is.  A confidential guide still in the plastic going for only $396.  Wasn't there a thread recently where some guy was asking about the price for this very thing and suggesting it should be something like $1500?  He should have sold it two months ago I guess ;D
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Dean Stokes

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 07:44:36 PM »
I would suggest otherwise Doug. When people are paying $400 for a book on GCA this would suggest to most that the economy is in fact soaring. ;D
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

PCCraig

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 09:44:46 PM »
The Confidential Guide to Golf Courses
by Tom Doak
Sleeping Bear Press, 1996
NOTE: Renaissance Golf Design reacquired the copyright from Sleeping Bear Press and plan a reprint in 2005 or 2006

This guide features Tom Doak's reviews of more than 800 courses on six continents, aimed at helping the reader decide what courses are worth spending his money to play. The fact that some reviews were negative stirred much controversy when the book was released, but the honesty of the reviews made it highly prized; in 2004 it was named as one of the 25 best books on golf by Travel & Leisure Golf. The Confidential Guide is now out of print, but 12,000 copies were sold, and used copies are occasionally found on eBay and other web sites.
H.P.S.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 04:02:23 AM »
I would suggest otherwise Doug. When people are paying $400 for a book on GCA this would suggest to most that the economy is in fact soaring. ;D
Dean- Its the opposite, an average price was double this 9 months ago. A $400 copy would represent the lowest price achieved for a copy recently... unless someone bought one under the radar.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Pete_Pittock

Re: Confidential guide anyone? New
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 10:24:13 AM »
Powells Books listed one just this morning in their rare book section for $500.

Too late except for one person. It is already gone.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:56:17 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back