News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robert Kimball

another Augusta picture
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:07:18 AM »
Hey Guys, these @#$% Life Magazine photos are going to be the end of me at work!!  ;D
What a great find -- especially for golf geeks like us.

Anyway, here is another Augusta one, and it looks like Hogan is putting. I love the spectators on the mounds, and if you look in the back, you can see a barbed fence, so the must be near the property line. Could this be 12? Did they ever let patrons by the green? Another thought could be #13 with 14 tee in the front of the picture. Just curious.
Now, back to work, yeah right.

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=golf+source:life,+masters&imgurl=74d58fa6014e506d
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:09:52 AM by Rob_Kimball »

Anthony Gray

Re: another Augusta picture
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 11:11:16 AM »

My father who looks just like me is the guy directly behind the tree.

Anthony

Jeffrey Prest

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 08:19:25 AM »
Thanks, Rob, you've saved me a job. I was going to tip people off about the entire Life photo library being available, having just read about it on a fishing blog.

I think the great thing about so many of the photos is that they are wallpaper size for the average computer. Not only are B&W pics often more powerful than colour but they also make your application icons stand out!

Any baseball fans planning to use this amazing resource, incidentally, should write off the rest of the day...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:21:16 AM by Jeffrey Prest »

Rich Goodale

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 08:29:01 AM »
Fuggedabout the architecture.  Doesn't Olde Augusta look dead cool with the minimalist maintenace?  Same for Olde Cypress Point, BTW.  It makes me think that the "walk in the park" criterion for evaluating golf courses is at best false and at worst deleterious.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back