News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ally Mcintosh

New Book on Harry Colt
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:00:09 AM »
Has anyone seen this / been involved with this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creating-Classics-Golf-Courses-Harry/dp/1848310250/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225457985&sr=1-1

I'm sure you'll tell me it's been talked about to death... Oh the struggle to bring up an original topic...

Jeff_Brauer

Re: New Book on Harry Colt
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »
Ally,

I mentioned it in a thread a while back, having also seen it on Amazon, but no one seemed to respond.  I don't recognize any of the authors as gca.com contributors.

I did pre-order it when I ordered the Pete Dye book. It looks great, but that's just the cover.  Who knows if it will be detailed as to philosophy, or a picture book, or what. 
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Philip Gawith

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 10:04:19 AM »
I assume Peter Thompson is the famous Aussie golfer? Maybe not. Bruce Critchley is one of the lead golf commentators on Sky TV and a member at Sunningdale, which is the site of the cover photo.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 10:08:55 AM »
Ally, you are making me feel like no one pays any attention to my feverish posting as I have been talking about this for some time.  Paranoid moi? 8)  Don't worry.

The main author is Peter Pugh the Secretary of Stoke Poges and I’m guessing the man at least partly responsible for The Colt Society.

Jeff on your thread their motives were questioned (not by you) based on rumour and I think we need to wait and see, as it seems to me the pedigree above is impeccable.

I found out about it when I contacted Royal Newmarket about something I’d read and the secretary said he’d just cleared up the same misconception for a Mr Lord of Icon Publishing who was getting a new book together.  Mr Lord was generous with info he shared with me and I promised to make people aware the book was coming, I also alerted him to GCA and later they asked to use a quote from my IMO piece.  This is the first time they’ve published a golf book.

Based on the above I’ve pre-ordered one and it could arrive next week. That’s all I know….
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back