News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ed_Baker

New TPC Boston Short Review
« on: October 07, 2002, 08:45:05 AM »
Played the new TPC course in Norton Mass. yesterday. Arnold Palmer design, typical of the TPC "brand". 4 sets of tees ranging from 5800 to 7000 yds. Every par 3 has a forced carry, and the course is virtually un walkable. Several long "rides" from green to next tee. As a matter of fact, to hold a PGA Tour event at this course Shuttling the players by cart would be a must.

For me, the most memorable aspect of the playing experience was being astounded by the amount of time spent riding in the golf cart! It was unbelievable. It seemed to me that the concessions the developers had to make to the environmental concerns stretched this golf course out to the point that there is no routing, it is a journey. Too bad, because the course has some very good individual golf holes and the green surrounds and the greens themselves were very interesting. I was very impressed that most greens offered a "bail out" or run up area in front, particularly on the long par 4's, nice feature.

I'll post more on individual holes when I have more time, but for now I was interested in comments on the sprawled routing. Have others in the DG played other TPC courses that require day trips in the cart from one hole to the next? Is this typical?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Dan Herrmann

Re: New TPC Boston Short Review
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 06:56:41 AM »
The initial post here is from 2002.

I was wondering if anybody played TPC/Boston both before and after the renovations and could comment on their opinion of the changes.

Dave_Miller

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 12:53:40 PM »
The initial post here is from 2002.

I was wondering if anybody played TPC/Boston both before and after the renovations and could comment on their opinion of the changes.

Dan:
Have played the course both before and after the renovations and bottom line is I still don't particularly care for it.  Ed's description is still fairly accurate.
Best
Dave

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 07:43:39 PM »
Based on the scores I think Gil forgot a hole.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back