News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robert Kimball

Anyone going to Old Barnwell in November?
« on: October 04, 2023, 03:52:25 PM »

I am taking part in a weekend event (Nov. 3-4) sponsored by The Fried Egg at Old Barnwell.  Are any of you guys going down there by chance? I believe there are open spots still available.

Thinking about doing a bonus round Thursday, Nov. 2 if anyone else is going, I'd love to see ya.  Last GCA trip I took was to Cuscowilla in 2004!  Crazy how time files.

I've read and heard nothing but good things about this place and will do my best to take lots of pictures and post them. 

Apologies, Ran, as I know this isn't a GCA sanctioned trip, but I would bet many of the participants here also are familiar with The Fried Egg.

Cheers, Rob

https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,70712.msg1701742.html#msg1701742

Tim_Weiman

Re: Anyone going to Old Barnwell in November?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 08:39:04 PM »

I am taking part in a weekend event (Nov. 3-4) sponsored by The Fried Egg at Old Barnwell.  Are any of you guys going down there by chance? I believe there are open spots still available.

Thinking about doing a bonus round Thursday, Nov. 2 if anyone else is going, I'd love to see ya.  Last GCA trip I took was to Cuscowilla in 2004!  Crazy how time files.

I've read and heard nothing but good things about this place and will do my best to take lots of pictures and post them. 

Apologies, Ran, as I know this isn't a GCA sanctioned trip, but I would bet many of the participants here also are familiar with The Fried Egg.

Cheers, Rob

https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,70712.msg1701742.html#msg1701742
Rob,

I am planning to spend February and March in Aiken but may also get to Old Barnwell in late October/early November.

Honestly, I don’t know the Fried Egg guys, but it is nice to see Nick Schreiber is hosting them, apparently.

I’m excited about both the club and the golf course.

Tim
Tim Weiman

jeffwarne

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 08:32:39 AM »
Robert,
I hope to be back at Old Barnwell by the Fried Egg event.

2004 at Cuscowilla was also my first GCA event ;)

"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 08:44:32 AM »
Robert,

Were you a celebrity in 2004? Can’t believe I forgot you were there.

jeffwarne

Re: Anyone going to Old Barnwell in November? New
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2023, 08:48:24 AM »
Robert,

Were you a celebrity in 2004? Can’t believe I forgot you were there.

LOL- I was "with" a celebrity-Shooter.
and we met at the bar-(you were the celebrity)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 09:39:54 AM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back