News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Wigler

Humor or Apocalypse
« on: June 26, 2008, 02:26:16 PM »
I am sure the pictures will start showing up on the Internet.  Yesterday Kid Rock played in the Buick Pro-Am with John Daly at Warwick.  Kid started with a pair of denim overalls and a white tee shirt under it but quickly lost the tee shirt.  He was through three Budweiser's by the 5th hole and was already pretty schlitz'd by the turn,  At one point, Daly teed off a shot on Kid's beer bottle. 

Without Tiger, the PGA needs to do something to remind people that they are still playing golf.  Is allowing someone to make a mockery of the Pro-Am, just good humor or is it the beginning of the end.
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

tlavin

Re: Humor or Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 02:28:24 PM »
Daly is a drunken, bloated and fat train wreck of a human being.  Can't watch him.  Can't take my eyes off him.  The engine has maybe one wheel on the track.

John_Conley

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 02:35:11 PM »
Humor, Wiggles, humor.

With or with Kid Rock the Tour still doesn't have Tiger.  That renders it meaningless to some. 

I will pay as much attention to pro golf as I did before Eldrick went out, possibly more.  That is not the norm.

Brent Hutto

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 02:41:17 PM »
I wasn't playing attention with Tiger playing 18 weeks a year. I doubt I'll notice any more or less about professional golf with him out for the rest of the season. I'll be watching the Open since I've played the course and I'll be watching the next Masters because it's the Masters.

But I wouldn't watch John Daly for longer than a minute or two with or without Kid Rock and I certainly dont' feel any desire to watch grown men like Stewart Cink and Jim Furyk prancing around like mental defectives when they're supposed to be hitting the damned golf ball. How can anybody bear to watch these idiots nowadays, even with a DVR?

Dan_Callahan

Tommy Williamsen

Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 02:53:56 PM »
If I was an amateur and paid $500, I'd have asked for my money back. I think.  :-[

John_Conley

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 02:55:41 PM »
The fat guy in that video used to be a great player.

Jed Peters

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 02:57:41 PM »
Disgusting.

Jordan Caron

Re: Humor or Apocalypse New
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »
Reminds me of when Kid Rock played in a Celebrity event at our course a few years ago.  He had pretty much had the same get up and came out late and joined up with Wayne Gretzky on the third hole.  Attire, etiquette and ability aside, he was entertaining. 

I will say that he was very genuine.  When he showed up late a friend helping out with the event had no idea who he was.  Here is the conversation that ensued below.

Friend "Are you playing today sir?"
Kid Rock "Yah, where's Wayne's group"
Friend "Should be on the third hole by now!  I'm Ted by the way and you are?"
Kid Rock "Hi Ted, I'm Bob Ritchie, nice to meet you."
Friend "Do you need some clubs?"
Kid Rock "I suppose those would help!"

I figured he would have just blasted my friend for not knowing who he was but he simply replied with his real name and treated him like a human being.  He also sang a few songs with Chad Cruger the night before and gave a pretty good performance for someone who wasn't supposed to play. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:31:00 PM by Jordan Caron »

David Wigler

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 04:29:22 PM »
Its a funny dycotomy to be a Kid Rock fan and a golf fan.  Kid Rock really is as genuine as they come.  He frankly loves to be around people and entertain.  That story does not surprise me one bit.  The crowd following Daly and Kid got quite a show.  The question that remains though, is would the Buick have allowed this to go on with Tiger two groups back?  That written, give me Kid Rock (Who is at least genuine) all day long over the crap that George Lopez and Ray Romano try to pull with their cheap Bill Murray impressions every year at the ATT.
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back