News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rory Connaughton

Re: Paired With A Douche Bag
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2011, 04:09:40 PM »
I am pleased to report that there were no GCA'ers involved but at least some members of the group knew where the chinks in the armor are at most clubs and were quite happy to abuse their host's hospitality.

Jack you and your gang are most welcome!

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2011, 04:12:36 PM »
Rory,

Which magazine did they rate for?

Gary Daughters

« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »

It's entertaining to focus on douche bags, and I've had my hilarious share of the breed.  But what I find most remarkable is how often I've met a sure-fire douche bag on the first tee, only come to find out over the course of 18 holes he isn't such a bad guy.
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #228 on: January 22, 2011, 08:33:38 PM »
Shivas - I once hosted a GCA'er at Deal who had forgotten their wallet, they were mortified especially as I stood their greenfee and lunch. We are firm friends and I often have a little rib thinking back to our first meeting. We've probably all done it at sometime, a dirt ball will not instantly request request bank details for a credit transfer, a gentleman knows how to deal with such an embarrassing situation.
Cave Nil Vino

Bill_McBride

« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2011, 11:09:58 PM »

It's entertaining to focus on douche bags, and I've had my hilarious share of the breed.  But what I find most remarkable is how often I've met a sure-fire douche bag on the first tee, only come to find out over the course of 18 holes he isn't such a bad guy.

There is nothing like a round of golf, particularly with a quid or two on the line, to tell you everything you need to know about a person's character.

Tom MacWood

« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2011, 12:10:21 AM »
Douche bag spends far too much time buying four mini bottles of liquor from the cute cart girl so he can add it to the liter of coke he smuggled onto the course.

And he'll do so without any regard for the group behind him, all the while being far too smarmy to said hot cart girl.  Making a spectacle of how much he's tipping her, asking for a cup of ice and/or lemons/limes for his concoction.

I'm sorry, and it will never happen again.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back