News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: Great holes with a blind tee shot
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2017, 09:55:53 PM »
Perranporth has a few. I'd have to brush up my memory to determine which and whether any might be great.

Possibly the 5th when it plays downwind?

What about Bude's 14th?  I am quite fond of th 6th too.

Ciao

I don't recall Bude's 14th as being blind drive. Blind approach yes, drive no. Perhaps you meant the 12th, which you were fond of (as was I). The 6th is a good one too.

I need to restore my pictures to the Perranporth crazy thread to more intelligently comment on it.

Bude drive to a fairway which is basically a big saddle.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Garland Bayley

« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2017, 11:12:19 PM »
Thanks Sean,

That looks familiar. I forget to get a picture of the tee shot there so didn't have anything to refresh my memory. Yes, I really like 14 as a blind driving hole.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Steve Wilson

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2017, 09:22:21 PM »
I love Thomas Dai's mention of the 7th at Golspie.  You have to hit it much further than I do to have a blind drive. The good news is I'm always faced/rewarded with a blind second. But that's another thread.  I do think if the hole were a hundred yards longer it would be famous due to all the broken ground in front which effectively randomized a running approach.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Thomas Dai

« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2017, 02:22:17 AM »
7th at Blackwell - short par-4 with the green immediately behind a hillock.
atb

BCowan

« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2017, 10:56:03 AM »
Mid Pines #12
Sylvania  #14
Inverness #4
Marquette gc #8
Scioto #16
Franklin hills #2

Don't think they are great holes but what are your thoughts about 2 and 4 at U of M?

Mike,

I really like the 2nd from the tee, and I would really love to see the width restored to routing drawing.  It's almost as if 2 and 3 fairway were connected by a bunker if I recall.  What I love is having a 2 iron one day and a 9 iron the next depending on wind and how well struck the drive is.

The 4th due to narrowness and tree safety for 6 tee really takes away from the tee shot. Too clastraphobic.  I won't mention the Christmas trees on the left Mr Gholz is so fond of. 

The 3rd is somewhat blind and a great hole.

MClutterbuck

« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2017, 01:33:16 PM »
Doesn't Brora have a couple of nice blind drives? My recollection at sunset might not be good, but maybe 15 was blind?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back