News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rich Goodale

Re: BUDA buzz
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2008, 02:41:27 PM »
Stan

Fortunately, FBD volunteered for the job.  I understand his Doctor gave him a yellow card for all the Shenanigans back in NYC.

Rich

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »
Apparently Jerry and Bryan don't drink.

Eh? Budacuppers who DON'T DRINK??? Sacrilege, shurely.

I'm checking my insurance details to see if any random American can drive the Passat... 8)

Left side of the road, gents, left side of the road.

Principal Dodd arrives next thursday lunchtime. We're looking for a twosome to make up a wee fourball at BPGC in the evening. Any interest?

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2008, 03:19:52 PM »
Sorry Marty, but you and Spin will have to play without me.  I'm training that day up at Stirling GC.

Stan Dodd

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »
Spin?

Rich Goodale

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »
Stan

You may think you are as old as dirt, but if you can't get the reference to the 1950's Walt Disney TV serial "Spin and Marty" go ask someone who is, like McBride!  He's probably still also got his coonskin cap in the closet....

Rich

Bill_McBride

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2008, 11:27:16 PM »
Spin and Marty?  Annette!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2008, 11:30:00 PM »
Apparently Jerry and Bryan don't drink.

Eh? Budacuppers who DON'T DRINK??? Sacrilege, shurely.

I'm checking my insurance details to see if any random American can drive the Passat... 8)

Left side of the road, gents, left side of the road.

Principal Dodd arrives next thursday lunchtime. We're looking for a twosome to make up a wee fourball at BPGC in the evening. Any interest?

FBD.

Designated drivers!

Usually we have designated decoys!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2008, 08:00:13 PM »
A link to the starting sheet for the Hawklaw Tankard at Cruden Bay:

www.crudenbaygolfclub.co.uk/crudenbay15jun.htm

Interesting to see that even in Northern Scotland Yale qualifies for a distinction from the rest of the USA.  Really looking forward to meeting up with all those I've met before and making the acquaintance of new BUDAites.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2008, 11:26:39 PM »
My God how embarrassing for whoever that is!

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2008, 11:52:11 AM »
Only a few days to go.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting faintly excited about BUDA VI next week.

The good news is that the weather is set fair

The bad news is that some of us doing a fair bit of driving may have trouble getting around   :o
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Mark Pearce

« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2008, 12:17:56 PM »
More than faintly excited.

I'm sure that weather forecast will change every day between now and then.  What seems certain is that we'll get SOME good weather and maybe some light rain.  It also looks like it could be breazy.

I'm thinking about the drive up to Cruden Bay on Friday (I've managed to arrange to visit a firm we're friwendly with late on Friday afternoon).  I may have time for a game on the way up - maybe Stonehaven?  I'm also thinking of stopping off on the way from Aberdeen to Cruden Bay to have a look at the land at Menie Estate, to see what all the fuss is about - does anyone know if it's accessible to the public?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2008, 12:55:34 PM »
Mark

I'm also sure that weather forecast will change daily between now and next week.  I was thinking of what I needed to pack last night and decided I better take some gear for the sun, some for rain and some for a chilly breeze.  You can never travel light on a golfing holiday in the UK ;D

Congrats on finding a receptive contact in the Cruden Bay area.  Does this make your journey a business one and therefore tax deductible?  We have a client in the Fraserburgh area but unfortunately he called in to see me on his way back from London last week.  I don't think he was keen on my charge out rate for travelling time when I suggested I could have called to see him :(
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Mark Pearce

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2008, 01:50:26 PM »
Andrew,

It doesn't make the trip tax deductible (though much of it is being funded by a client who will, I have no doubt, deduct it as an entertainment expense) but it does mean I can claim mileage allowance!

Also started packing last night and have virtually everything but a woolly hat.  I have made sure to pack my shorts and long socks for Elie.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2008, 04:36:52 PM »
Just to reinforce Mark's last point:

BRING SHORTS AND BRING LONG SOCKS!

If you bring the former and not the latter, you will find yourself paying $40-50 for a pair at the Elie pro shop.

Weather here in Fife has been warmish (70 degrees) and very windy (last two days).  Perfect golfing weather!  Bring your A game too.......

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2008, 05:09:52 PM »
Gents - I ask only that when it's all over you provide a meticulous re-cap of the golfing events, i.e. I would like a specific record of who won, who lost, who lost badly and/or failed his team miserably, and who pummeled his opponent mercilessly. I ask because by the end you'll all be (drunken) friends, and thus averse to hurting anyone's feelings. But screw that: this is serious business, and in the words of Ricky Roma, "that's how we keep score, booby". 

Thank you
Peter

Rich Goodale

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2008, 05:32:51 PM »
Peter

If it get my way we will also have a nobbly knees competition at Elie, and maybe even a sack race on the sands of Lower Largo at midnight.  Plans are still being formulated.....

Rich

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2008, 06:02:25 PM »
Shorts in Scotland, in June. Are you people crazy?

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2008, 06:36:24 PM »
Are you people crazy?

Whats more, so far no mention of my offer to be Captian of "Old Toms dawn swim".  I agree Mark, people must be crazy if they don't take advantage of the Hotel's proximity to the brinny.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Andy Levett

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2008, 06:37:57 PM »
If it get my way we will also have a nobbly knees competition at Elie, and maybe even a sack race on the sands of Lower Largo at midnight.  Plans are still being formulated.....
Rich
Well, we all know this will be a fix because although the Euro knee is the knobbliest (in medal play), the American system involves looking at your knee, looking at it again, and then putting down what you want.
As for the sack race, Mark Pearce is based in Newcastle so will clearly be first.
(Americans google Dalglish, Hullit, Robson, the other bloke, Allardyce, did I miss out another bloke etc)

Mark Pearce

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2008, 01:57:03 AM »
Andy,

That's Gullit.  And the other bloke was Roeder.  And Robson was sacked twice, I believe.  Give it 6 months and you'll be able to add Keegan, who wasn't sacked last time but just gave up.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2008, 02:11:41 AM »
That's Dalgleish--probably the best (or at least keenest) golfer of all those sacked managers, to get this thread back on topic.  Probably why he got sacked.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2008, 03:48:58 AM »
That's Dalglish. 

The likely next NUFC manager, Alan Shearer, is a member at my club and a 6 handicapper going on scratch. I suspect he'd be more than a match for Kenny. 

Rich Goodale

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2008, 04:09:41 AM »
No wonder Kenny was such a bad manager--he can't even spell his own name right!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2008, 04:26:18 AM »
I suspect the blame lies with the parents.  It normally does.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2008, 05:00:04 AM »
For a minute I thought the next manager hire was going to be a fictional detective. Par for the course?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back