News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Druzisky

Teaching facilities at clubs
« on: June 03, 2008, 06:42:22 PM »
Anybody have any decent photos of teaching facilities or buildings they have or have seen at private clubs I could use?  I have a client that is looking at the possibility of adding one and some photos would be great.  The one at Oakmont comes to mind but not quite as large.

thanks

DbD

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Teaching facilities at clubs
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »
Belfair, near Hilton Head, has one of the best that I've seen:

www.belfair1811.com/learning_center.htm
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Ken Fry

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 08:26:39 PM »
Dave,

The two I've seen worth looking into are in our area in Northern Indiana.

Sycamore Hills Golf Club in Ft. Wayne has a nice facility.  You can see a photo and description at this link:
http://www.sycamorehillsgolfclub.com/fw/main/Golf_Academy-39.html

The Warren Golf Course at Notre Dame had the same architect as Sycamore Hills design a facility for the golf teams.  I don't have photos and it will probably be much larger than you are envisioning.  It has two large hitting bays connected to an indoor, two story area with a putting/chipping green, fringe, rough and a practice bunker.  Hey, a northern school has to stay sharp somehow!

Ken

Chris Garrett

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 10:04:24 AM »
David,

I've heard rave reviews about the teaching facility at Caves Valley in the Baltimore area.  My limited Google search didn't yield any photo results, but they seem to have it all.  If your client is serious, you should look into it.

Matt Varney

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:10:41 AM »
David,

Berkeley Hall near Hilton Head Island has an amazing 30 acre practice facility.  One of the best in the county and the offer everything from video to instruction to short game practice areas. 

Take a look at this link:

http://www.berkeleyhallsc.com/learning_center_info

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 10:26:18 AM »
I think that Belfair and Berkeley Hall were developed by the same group.

I haven't been to Berkeley Hall yet.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

David Druzisky

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 01:27:32 PM »
Thanks guys, thats a big help.  Keep the photos of the buidlings coming!

I just played Warren a week or so ago and saw the building at the end of the range. Nice and looks like it is a great facility, as is the entire course, for the teams use.  Upstairs and all!  Because it was so big, it sort of looked like a fire station.  I bet that is the challenge with designing those.  If I recall the maintenance area was directly behind it so the untilty of those building probably added to that impression.  What a great course.  must be one of the best collegiate choices after a couple of the old greats.

DbD

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back