GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Belvedere GC, Charlevoix, MI

<< < (17/18) > >>

Ryan Taylor:
Bump. Do yourself a favor and book a round at Belvedere GC this fall. I played this Wed and the course is in the best shape it's been in my 10+ years of playing it. It appears as though the greens have been expanded (slowly cut back) by another 3-4 feet. It's really quite remarkable to see the transformation. Bruce Hepner and the old / new superintendent, (Jordan Caplan??), should be applauded.

Peter Flory:

Ira Fishman:
We did not play Belvedere, but seeing Charlevoix in the Subject Line brought back great memories of our one trip to Northern Michigan some 30 years ago. It may be Covid induced nostalgia, but I can still taste cherries and see the beautiful lakes plus some good golf. A way under appreciated part of the US (and I am a City guy) where it looks as if the golf has only gotten better in the intervening years.

Ira

JLahrman:
Yes, northern Michigan is great, I played Belvedere back in 2014 (along with Kingsley, thanks to a generous GCAer) when we went up to Charlevoix with my wife's family. Lots of other great-looking courses in the area too, I'm hoping to get back up there. My in-laws live in Grand Rapids, we go there every summer (except this one, thanks COVID) but I haven't been Up North since that trip in 2014. It was in the works for this year until we had to scrap our travel plans.

Carl Rogers:
When the virus is over, Belvedere is an obvious play on a trip to the upper Midwest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version