News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan Fleisher

Re:Your Favorite Golf Image Ever
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2008, 04:53:50 PM »

...those in the "know" know...

It still amazes me how private people think the sheep ranch is.  It isn't.  The limited amount of play can be attributed to the lack of irrigation and the need for the fire truck in the picture.  But when its open getting on isn't much of a feat at all.

That was not the point of my post at all...we knew it was not private, just that few people make an attempt at getting there or even know about it.  Plus, I just thought it was a cool picture and a neat way to irrigate a golf course.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Joe Hancock

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2008, 05:24:57 PM »
Evan,

It's OK. JB got a little pissy with someone else's picture too, without posting one of his own for us to critique.

;)
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Shane Gurnett

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2008, 06:05:37 PM »

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2008, 09:27:24 PM »
Evan,

It's OK. JB got a little pissy with someone else's picture too, without posting one of his own for us to critique.

;)

Just didn't want the "new guy" to think I was posting something unique or special...just a simple image of some goofy guys on a firetruck.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2008, 11:15:39 PM »
Tip for Open Championships .

Never follow the crowds and expect the unexpected .

Joe Bentham

« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2008, 11:24:15 PM »
Evan--
My point was about the sheep ranch.  Your post helped me make that point.  I would argue that it is the single most misunderstood piece of property in golf.  My profile was deleted once in 'fanasty football-gate', so I've been here for awhile, and to the sheep ranch countless times more then you I'm sure....

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2008, 10:25:01 AM »
Evan--
My point was about the sheep ranch.  Your post helped me make that point.  I would argue that it is the single most misunderstood piece of property in golf.  My profile was deleted once in 'fanasty football-gate', so I've been here for awhile, and to the sheep ranch countless times more then you I'm sure....

I'm sure, since I've only been there once.

It was a lot of fun, and I hope the place continues to stay around.  It was a unique experience on a neat piece of land.

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2008, 01:18:27 PM »
Very cool photo, Brian.  Ernie's a great guy.

Brian Brown

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 02:51:08 PM by Brian Brown »

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2008, 03:03:47 PM »
No

Also from Buda Cup IV... dubbed "The Long and the Short Of It." Jim Goby (Short) and Tony Muldoon (Long) prove that golf is a game for one and all!

Thanks Mike. ;)

I'd like to point out that we are undefeated in two Buda cups!

Hoping Jim makes it this year.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Josh Smith

« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2008, 03:47:00 PM »
I have never been there, but this image has to be about my favorite.

IMO the range of light is outstanding in this picture, so much so I think Ansel Adams would be proud of it. The composition is wonderful too, with the green placed in ideal position as the bunker on the left leads you right into it.

Ran doesn't give credit to the photographer in the review, so I have to assume he shot the pictures himself, and did a wonderful job too.

Garland,

Ran takes credit for everything. ::)  According to Paul Daley, Ken Bakst took all those lovely black and white photos.  Ken verified that and modestly added, (and I loosely paraphrase from memory) "anyone can take photos like that with a nice camera and plenty of opportunities"  when I asked him.  I LOVE those photos as well.  He has a talent and great taste.

Josh

Garland Bayley

« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »
Josh,

In that case, Ken is too modest. You could take many amateur photogs to the 9th hole and 1000s of pictures later, I doubt you would have a picture of that quality.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Robert Emmons

« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2008, 05:41:38 PM »
and now all those trees on the right are gone on 9

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2008, 06:03:48 PM »
If the subject is good, even a photographic numptie can do a good job:

Nirvana...

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2008, 06:15:12 PM »
Sorry Martin, but methinks you've only got 1/3 or less of a picture there.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2008, 10:40:54 PM »

Mike McGuire

« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2008, 11:02:17 PM »
Wisconsin  father-son 2001. Alternate shot -1 at the Brute. A miracle

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 11:06:43 PM by Mike McGuire »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back