News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony Petersen

Golf in Bolivia?
« on: November 08, 2007, 07:36:02 PM »
Hey guys -

Yep, I'm heading down to Bolivia in the Spring for a week visit with a friend who owns a mining company outside of La Paz. He's a member of La Paz Golf Club, rumored to be one of the highest golf clubs in the World (elevation wise)  ;)

My question to the Tree House is if anyone knows of any other clubs in the region that might be worth a visit. He's working, so between the nightlife and the downtime, I should have some time to travel and play.

Thanks again, guys. Couldn't find anything in advanced search, so thought I would go to the source...

TP
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Mark Hissey

Re:Golf in Bolivia?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 08:27:11 PM »

JLahrman

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 10:55:05 PM »
I don't know that you'll find a whole lot...Bolivia is one of the poorer nations of South America, and La Paz is at about 12,000 feet.  I really liked some other areas of Bolivia.  The town of Copacabana on Lake Titicaca is worth a trip, and I meant to get to the Uyuni Salt Flats but couldn't make it...

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 10:29:43 AM »
I've been doing some flyover's of Chile lately on Google aerials.

While I didn't see any exciting golfy land in Bolivia, Chile appears to be an under served and copy of California.  Much looks like Monterey Penn.  I found this 27 hole course that looks very good.  I found nothing else that looked this modern and well organized.  

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=-36.924714,-73.142424&spn=0.010327,0.033388&t=k&z=15&om=0

No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 10:37:22 AM »
TonyP

IIRC,  Extreme Golf  did a piece on this course.  Might be worth checking out before you go on your trip.  At 12,000 feet you'll be hitting those irons as far as the pros do..   ;D

http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Golf-Unusual-Fantastic-Bizarre/dp/1402203144

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back