GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Cobb's Creek Collaborators - Restoration Dreams

<< < (2/332) > >>

Geoffrey_Walsh:
It is keeping me up tonight just thinking about how good this course could be if you could reclaim the land by the range and get someone in there who knows what they are doing.

Joe Bausch:
Fascinating Detective Cirba!

Mike_Cirba:
Geoffrey,

I'm still studying the details, but it does appear that the creek on what I'm calling the 10th (the hole that runs thru the current driving range up to today's 8th green had a creek running down the left hand side of the fairway, but not close to the green.

Also, it appears that today's 4th hole is the one that was the island green.   The creek clearly wraps around the right side of that green, as well as the left, and I'm betting that was changed at some point due to flooding.

Also, it does seem possible that the hole playing to today's 7th green may have started from today's 14 tee up on the hill.

I'm still trying to locate the tee for the hole I'm calling the 10th (to today's 8th green).   I can't tell how far back it's set, and in some ways, I think it might have been where today's "back" tees are on #7, sweeping around the left side of the present 7 green down on the driving range (which could have been dangerous, a point Tillie made about the course in an article), and then back to the right.   If correct, that would have been a par five and one hell of a hole!

I should also point out that the actual sequencing of holes may have been different than what I'm describing.   For instance, it's possible that the course went from today's #6 to what I'm calling 10, then today's 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 7 (from today's 14th tee), then the par three to today's 14th green, then today's 15 as a par five, followed by today's 16.  

In fact, in thinking about it, that routing makes a whole lot more sense from a walkability standpoint.

Mike_Cirba:
Bumping this up for Geoffrey who I evidently kept up all night.  ;)

Geoffrey_Walsh:
Mike,

I was on business in AZ since Thursday.  Let me take a look at the Google aerial again tonight and I"ll give you my thoughts on your last post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version