News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony Petersen

Troon North - New & Improved?
« on: October 10, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »
I've heard rumors here in the Valley that they have taken the front and back 9's of both the Pinnacle and Monument courses at Troon North and combined the fronts and backs for new courses... Anyone else heard this rumor? ???
Truth be told, Troon North is pretty much the definition of "desert golf" for alot of the visitors that come to Scottsdale for a winter break though it is also the definition of "very little bang for the buck!" Green fees in AZ during the "in-season" are pretty much insane due to the likes of Troon North, Greyhawk, etc. Good golf, just not worth $250+ :o And there I go, yet again, on another tangent... ;)
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Steve_ Shaffer

Re:Troon North - New & Improved?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 05:47:11 PM »
It's not a rumor if you read the newspapers:

www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=30811;start=msg597198#msg597198

I think there was an article in the AZ Republic too.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tony Petersen

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 06:08:21 PM »
Note to self... ALWAYS do a search before starting a new thread... Sorry for the repeat, guys  ;)
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Tom Yost

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back