News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brett Morris

Re:Your "other" passionate interests
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2007, 06:28:51 PM »
This:

And this:

Especially this:

And as much of this as possible, pours and looks like motor oil:

I bow to thee....

I like to brew beer, full mash, and emulate the great beers of Belgium and Germany, as well as Stone's, Dogfish Head, Russian River, etc.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 06:34:01 PM »
Sorry Huck, no matter how hard you root for them, the Trojans only buy houses for the player's parents.

Florida and Texas were real impressed with your ranking the last two seasons, not to mention Oregon State, oops, I guess I did.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Ash Towe

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 06:36:44 PM »
My grandchildren and the rest of my family.
All sports, especially rugby union, rugby league and premier league soccer
Movies
Travel, especially when combined with golf

Tom Yost

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 06:42:24 PM »
- Cooking
- Camping/Hiking
- Music Making (guitar)

Tom

wsmorrison

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2007, 06:51:09 PM »
My passions include:

Family
Friends
Community
Golf Club
Baseball (especially the Phillies and the Hall of Fame)
Ivy League football and basketball (especially Penn/Princeton)
Wine
History (especially of Scotland and England)

Kyle,

Your upstart Nittany Lions have half the number of national championships (1982 and 1986) as my Penn Quakers (1895, 1897, 1904 and 1908) even though we gave up big time college football with the advent of the Ivy League in 1954.  Since the founding of the Ancient Eight, Penn won championships in 1959, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1993, 1994, 1998, 2002 and 2003.  
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 06:54:44 PM by Wayne Morrison »

Andy Troeger

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2007, 06:58:38 PM »

USC Trojan football

Irish history

TH

Huck,
Do you see a problem with having both of these on the same list? The Irish might kick you out of their country  ;) ;D

John Foley

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
Besides the obvious golf obsession:

Red Sox Baseball
Sabres Hockey ( glad to see Dan & Daryl w/ the love!!)
Fine Red Wine (is their any other?)
Texas Hold'em Poker (can't believe no one else has mentioned this)

But first & foremost is watching 2 little girls grow up.
Integrity in the moment of choice

Mike Benham

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2007, 07:10:01 PM »
Grant -

That's a pretty clean break ... you didn't star in "Step into Liquid" did you?

What kind of board is that ?

Mike
Santa Cruz, CA (where the water temp is much warmer the WI)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 07:29:25 PM by Mike Benham »
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Kyle Harris

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2007, 07:16:06 PM »
My passions include:

Family
Friends
Community
Golf Club
Baseball (especially the Phillies and the Hall of Fame)
Ivy League football and basketball (especially Penn/Princeton)
Wine
History (especially of Scotland and England)

Kyle,

Your upstart Nittany Lions have half the number of national championships (1982 and 1986) as my Penn Quakers (1895, 1897, 1904 and 1908) even though we gave up big time college football with the advent of the Ivy League in 1954.  Since the founding of the Ancient Eight, Penn won championships in 1959, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1993, 1994, 1998, 2002 and 2003.  

Morrison,

Check history for how many undefeated seasons my upstart Nittany Lions have, and then cross-reference that with our National Championships. Not saying we should have been MNC necessarily, but we should have had a chance - especially after going undefeated in 1968 AND 1969. Furthermore, going back to the 20s, Penn State has a 12-4-2 record or so against UPenn.

Huckaby,

Illinois scares me this year... that has "trap game" written all over it for Penn State.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2007, 07:27:47 PM »
Right,
I am the MOST Oh-Tee guy around here, but I am now officially majorly pee'd. Right now, there's about five threads around that I'm loving but, simply put, SHOULDN'T BE HERE!

This post is Oh-Tee. Fandabbydozzee, let's pop it onto the Oh-Tee area and we can have a ball.

Bi- or even tri-furcation of this website is VITAL.

FBD.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 07:28:33 PM by Martin Glynn Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Brad Swanson

« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2007, 07:29:34 PM »
Enough about this discussion of second tier Big 10 teams.........

GO BADGERS!!!

Cheers,
Brad

wsmorrison

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2007, 07:29:44 PM »
Kyle,

"...or so?"  What is the lifetime record between the two schools?  If you don't know, please don't guess a certain record between certain years.

How the heck did Penn State manage to get Coastal Carolina and Arkansas State on their schedule?  What a coup!

Kyle Harris

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2007, 07:41:55 PM »
Kyle,

"...or so?"  What is the lifetime record between the two schools?  If you don't know, please don't guess a certain record between certain years.

How the heck did Penn State manage to get Coastal Carolina and Arkansas State on their schedule?  What a coup!

That's just how far back I decided to dig... after I posted I dug a bit further back and....

18-21-4 all time, from 1896 to 1958. I'd imagine the balance of UPenn's wins came in the first two decades of the century since I only bothered to look back to the 20s before I got lazy and by that point, PSU had the advantage.

Coastal Carolina is actually a PGM school. And we scheduled Syracuse when they were going 10-2 and playing in BCS Bowls.

JR Potts

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »

Huckaby,

Illinois scares me this year... that has "trap game" written all over it for Penn State.

I will be there in all my glory as we take down the Lions this year.  Unfortunately, I also thought the same thing in 94' when WE had the #1 Nittney Loins down 17 in the first quarter only to squnder that lead at the end of the 4th.

Huckaby will be cheering us on on Sept. 29th!  Tom...Illini-nation is happy to have you.

JR Potts

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2007, 08:38:22 PM »

GO BADGERS!!!

Cheers,
Brad

Second tier......these words were written by a Cubs fan?

Kyle Harris

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2007, 08:46:55 PM »

Huckaby,

I will be there in all my glory as we take down the Lions this year.  Unfortunately, I also thought the same thing in 94' when WE had the #1 Nittney Loins down 17 in the first quarter only to squnder that lead at the end of the 4th.

Huckaby will be cheering us on on Sept. 29th!  Tom...Illini-nation is happy to have you.

Of course, remember what happened to you last two times we played you after the Michigan game.

I remember that 1994 game like it was yesterday. Somehow, the Lion juggernaut forgot they had the best offense/team in 1994 for  the first half. Then stormed back.

Too bad we had already DROPPED from #1 to #2 two weeks prior after beating Ohio State 63-14...  ::)

David Stamm

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2007, 08:59:15 PM »
Right,
I am the MOST Oh-Tee guy around here, but I am now officially majorly pee'd. Right now, there's about five threads around that I'm loving but, simply put, SHOULDN'T BE HERE!

This post is Oh-Tee. Fandabbydozzee, let's pop it onto the Oh-Tee area and we can have a ball.

Bi- or even tri-furcation of this website is VITAL.

FBD.

Martin, while I agree with what you propose, I thought "your OTHER interests" gave the O/T away. I just thought it would be nice to know something about the people I converse with on almost a daily basis besides what they think of the 18th at CPC.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

ed_getka

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2007, 09:58:24 PM »
Trying to raise my kids to make the world a better place, and being the best husband I can to my wife of almost 25 years.

Trying to make a difference in my patient's lives as a Neonatal ICU nurse.

Being out in nature, especially up in the Sierra Nevada.

Reading and learning about a multitude of things. I just love learning, and that is one of the greatest things about this site are the amazing people you meet here. I have never met a more fascinating collection of people anywhere else.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

James Bennett

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2007, 10:23:20 PM »
Shivas

is Ed having to learn to breathe out through his mouth whilst at the same time breathe in through his nose to play this instrument?  If so, he might be able to progress to the bagpipes next.

PS  Ed would appreciate that this instrument (if I guessed right) is made out of wood, has no new technology involved, and is dependent solely on Ed's ability to make the appropriate sound.  However, similar (albeit briefer) sounds were heard in the baked beans scene in Blazing Saddles without such an instrument

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tim Pitner

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2007, 10:39:04 PM »

GO BADGERS!!!

When did Illinois rise to the second tier?

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2007, 10:42:20 PM »

GO BADGERS!!!

When did Illinois rise to the second tier?

Ouch...but really it was only five years ago that we were playing in a BCS game.  And if you are talking about athletics as a whole that statement is way off.

Don_Mahaffey

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2007, 10:49:10 PM »
Grant,
Might be time for you to make a consulting trip to our new course on the TX gulf coast. Looks like we might have a bit of surf over the next few weeks...oh, and leave that full body, hood, gloves, and booties wardrobe at home. Water temp is mid 80s 8)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:50:54 PM by Don_Mahaffey »

Brad Swanson

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2007, 11:02:12 PM »
Family first and foremost (including our yellow lab Charlotte who was a minor celeb on GCA a few years ago ;) )

Listening to (and butchering when playing) bluegrass/newgrass music

Photography

Badger hoops (though I will be giving up my scorer's table seat this season  :'()

Fly fishing and hiking

The loveable losers (living up to their name the last few weeks :'( >:()

Oh yea, and hating the @#*&*&#!*#&$@ St. Louis Cardinals

Cheers,
Brad
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:08:23 PM by Brad Swanson »

John_Conley

interests
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2007, 11:33:40 PM »
I don't think you guys realize, Brauer is out of control with that model train of his.  Amazing.

For me,

* spending time with my son
* seeing what my son is into
* playing hockey again after 15 years away from it
* listening to music
* watching programs I save on my DVR
* college basketball watching/following
* now that me and my son are playing, I'll follow Minnesota HS hockey on the internet and probably watch some NHL games this winter as well as a few college games

John Mayhugh

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2007, 12:06:23 AM »
horse racing
college football & basketball (especially University of Louisville)
St. Louis Cardinals

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back