News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Ober

Monterey Peninsula CC
« on: June 17, 2007, 09:54:45 PM »
Oh. My. Goodness.

Played practice rounds for the California Amateur. The Dunes yesterday (with Bob Huntley -- thanks, Bob!!!) and the Shore today. I absolutely loved the Dunes, but was blown away by the Shore, which is my new personal number one, ahead of Pebble, Riviera, Pinehurst #2, et al.

Low 60's today with 15 - 20 mph winds.

Will post more later....

David_Tepper

Re:Monterey Peninsula CC
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 10:11:15 PM »
David -

Was "low 60's today" your score or the temperature?  :D

Good luck to you, Andrew B. & Matt C. in the qualifying!

DT

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 01:06:14 AM »
Oh. My. Goodness.

Played practice rounds for the California Amateur. The Dunes yesterday (with Bob Huntley -- thanks, Bob!!!) and the Shore today. I absolutely loved the Dunes, but was blown away by the Shore, which is my new personal number one, ahead of Pebble, Riviera, Pinehurst #2, et al.

Will post more later....

David,

I am glad you had a good day on the Shore.

Did you find that your low boring driver trajectory got you some thirty to fifty yards more distance than on the Dunes?

Good luck for the rest of the week.

Bob

David Ober

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 01:46:11 AM »
Oh. My. Goodness.

Will post more later....

David,

I am glad you had a good day on the Shore.

Did you find that your low boring driver trajectory got you some thirty to fifty yards more distance than on the Dunes?

Good luck for the rest of the week.

Bob

I did hit the ball much, much farther on the Shore today. It was a combination of the firm fairways and a grip change that did it, actually.

I played well today: I didn't make a bogey until number 13 and finished with a nice round of 72 and loved every moment of it! Those of you that get to play golf on the wonderful courses here on the Monterey Peninsula are truly blessed.

G Jones

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 02:41:02 AM »
it's funny how you like a course a lot when you post a low score :)

having said that, both courses at mpcc are very nice. Have they completed the clubhouse renovations yet from last year?

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 08:48:23 AM »
David - very cool that you enjoyed both courses - and good luck today to you and Matt and Andrew!

But hmmmm.... MPCC Shore better than Pebble, Riviera, Pinehurst #2?  I might give you the last one (hell I've never been there and it doesn't impress me that much from afar), but methinks you're in an excitable honeymoon phase re the other comparisons.

Ask Mr. Huntley if even HE believes it's better than Pebble or Riviera.  That's getting a little carried away, methinks.

It is a great golf course, for sure.  I'm just not convinced it's better than the Dunes course, let alone those others....

But to each his own.  And it is good competitively to go in loving the course!

TH

Rob_Waldron

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 09:08:38 AM »
I had the good fortune of playing the Shore last month. The course is outstanding! Twelve holes have view of the Pacific. Stranz reconfigured the holes to maximize the Ocean back drops.

The clubhouse renovations are complete and they too are beautiful. One of the Members' favorite improvements is the newly expanded practice facility which includes a large practice tee and short game area. The entire club is top shelf!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back