News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Bausch

Re: Yale
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2022, 10:25:27 AM »
A former student of mine played it two days ago and can confirm what AP wrote.  And at $125 for the round.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Bill Brightly

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2022, 07:44:11 PM »
I am unable to read Anthony's article. Do you think Yale made him take it down? Can anyone copy and paste?

Joe Bausch

« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2022, 08:17:19 PM »
I am unable to read Anthony's article. Do you think Yale made him take it down? Can anyone copy and paste?

Hmmm.....
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Jerry Rossi

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2022, 08:50:34 PM »

I saw this thread this am and the link worked fine then...but now it doesn't.

I also played Yale for the first time yesterday, got 36 holes in....the fairways were firm and fast with not a lot of healthy turf and the greens were very soft and slow and not in great shape at all.  That being said, my friends and I (all playing it for the first time) really enjoyed the day.  I have no idea whats going on with the conditioning or why its the way it is but I know that Peter Palacios (the GM) is a great guy and that I don't know what resources are being given to the crew there.  I'm glad I didn't wait to go see Yale until after the work as I'm sure it will be nice to have a point of reference for after Gil gets done with it.
Instagram: @putt4dough24

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2022, 09:27:05 PM »

I have reached out to Tony.

I was quoted for an article in the Yale Daily News about the Yale Golf Course Union Employees being fired during Covid. It was never published. I spoke to my friend this morning who was fired from YGC, and he is very sick with Cancer.

I know why that Yale Daily News article was never published, and I have an email from the Writer on how a friend of his was threatened.

I really love golf, but enough is enough.

Feel free to tell me I am wrong. I am not...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 09:30:47 PM by Mike Sweeney »
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2022, 11:03:36 AM »
When I Google there are articles mentioning that the golf course worked with a skeleton crew of two employees for four hours a day or so. Could not find anything about the employees being fired.

John McCarthy

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2022, 08:43:31 PM »
Well, isn't this discussion group dedicated to frank discussion or not.

I have never played Yale. In fact my two Raynor's were Chicago Golf while drunk at 19 on a Monday (thought it was a field) and Blue Mound last summer ( which was sublime).  The difference is is me essentially. But Chicago golf did budge in their fairways in the 70s and 80s like everyone else.

But they are literally destroying a Raynor.  And putting up this 20 millions usga green garbage?
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Jon Sweet

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2022, 11:33:45 AM »
Well, isn't this discussion group dedicated to frank discussion or not.

I have never played Yale. In fact my two Raynor's were Chicago Golf while drunk at 19 on a Monday (thought it was a field) and Blue Mound last summer ( which was sublime).  The difference is is me essentially. But Chicago golf did budge in their fairways in the 70s and 80s like everyone else.

But they are literally destroying a Raynor.  And putting up this 20 millions usga green garbage?
I am confused here... this thread is much older.  I would imagine they are restoring greens to original size and contour with a little softening?  I haven't seen plans but really enjoyed the course when I was there.  Once with the fried egg event, and another trip a month or so ago.  Not sure where the funding is coming from, private or from the university but I would imagine Hanse isn't likely to destroy it.

Jim Hoak

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2022, 05:05:45 PM »
Money is being/has been raised in a special campaign.  The University is doing its part.  Some further funds would be nice for related projects at the Course.
Some of the money is going to an upgrade to maintenance.
Hanse is obviously not destroying the course.  This is a true renovation that hopefully brings the course back to its glory, maintains its position as the top College Golf Course in the US, and positions it for top University and amateur golf events.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back