News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Ralston

Re:Firm and Fast at ANGC this year?
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 04:11:39 PM »
"Hard and dry ......" said one commentator disgustedly.

tlavin

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 04:27:19 PM »
Is it true that Fred Ridley, the ex-president of the USGA and recent member of Augusta National, is heading the set-up committee for the club?  If so, this would lend credence to my belief that the ghost of Tom Meeks is welding the spigots shut this weekend.

Pete Stankevich

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 09:39:43 PM »
After 2 rounds, the leaderboard has a great mix of short, medium, and long hitters.  Firm and fast obviously has something to do with that.
Compare that to some of the leaderboards from about 5 or 6 years ago when it was soft and it was top-heavy with long hitters.

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 09:45:31 PM »
Yes, Fred is in charge. I was down there Wednesday and Fred went scooting by in a cart, no doubt intent on finding a pin position in a bunker for Sunday.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Gary Daughters

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2007, 09:31:49 AM »

I was wrong in an earlier post.  Last year was Will Nicholson's last as head of the Competition Committee.  As you  guys say, its Ridley.
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

tlavin

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2007, 09:41:58 AM »
Yes, Fred is in charge. I was down there Wednesday and Fred went scooting by in a cart, no doubt intent on finding a pin position in a bunker for Sunday.

I did hole locations with Ridley for the Open and I can tell you that he knows how to find the fringe hole locations...but the locations are largely predetermined at the Masters, aren't they???

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back