News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Hogan

Re: Golf Digest on Trees
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2002, 07:32:34 PM »
I recently played the Stanford Golf Course.  There are tremendous views from the hilltops and many good holes.  However, the 12th hole has a huge tree in the middle of the fairway that is the worst example of a "Stupid Tree" I have ever seen.  Drives placed in the middle 50% of the fairway on this 450 yard hole require medium to long iron shots to be played under, around or over the tree.  I think I laid up with a wedge over the tree.  Classic par 4...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Paul Richards

Re: Golf Digest on Trees
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2002, 03:49:50 AM »
John:

actually the award for "stupidest tree" is the OTHER tree that is in the middle of the fairway on that hole!  It obviously was placed there for fear that the original tree would die, and it would be its "replacement."  Unfortunately, the original tree still is alive and it CONTINUES TO GROW!!, making the hole probably from many places in the fairway!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back