News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony Petersen

Boars Head in Ontario
« on: October 18, 2006, 08:57:45 PM »
Just curious if anyone here on the site has had the opportunity to play this private course? One of the members here at Desert Mountain has his own private 18-hole course on his estate in Ontario named Boars Head. Apparently, they have a full-time maintenance staff and they average right around 200 rounds per year! Of that, the member and his girlfriend play 100 of those ::) Crazy, crazy money $$$  :D From what I understand , it's a sporty tract with fun greens and somewhat diabolical bunkering. If and when I get my hands on some photos I will be sure to share...
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Bill_McBride

Re:Boars Head in Ontario
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 09:40:14 PM »
Is it the course illustrated in Forrest Richardson's thread with the Boars Head island green??  :o  I wonder if the owner is the principal of the Boars Head deli meat company.

Robert Thompson

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 10:59:31 PM »
I assume you mean the Ontario in California?
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

Tony Petersen

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 11:03:29 PM »
The Boars Head in the Forrest thread was, I believe, located in Germany... And when I say Ontario, I mean the province to the north, eh, not the cali suburb... And no meat processer... Rather, the timber industry...
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 11:09:10 PM »
But we were close, right?  ::) :P

Robert Thompson

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 05:27:15 PM »
Boar Head? I've never even heard mention of such a course -- and I have heard of pretty much all of them in Ontario. Sure you don't mean Bond Head? That's a Hurdzan/Fry design north of Toronto...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 05:28:08 PM by Robert Thompson »
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back