News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Larry_Keltto

Tim Weiman: NE Ohio "seaside" question
« on: June 03, 2003, 08:54:26 AM »
I noticed in the Sand Ridge thread that you play in Chardon. I grew up in Mentor (birthplace of Jim Tressel!), but I live now in Minnesota.

With the development of Whistling Straits, I've wondered recently whether there's any potential in Lake or Ashtabula counties for a similar project?

I spent a lot of time in my youth at Headlands Beach; obviously, there's some sandy terrain on the North Coast of America. But are there any small areas that you know of that would be adequate for a "seaside" links?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Tim_Weiman

Re: Tim Weiman: NE Ohio "seaside" question
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 09:25:59 AM »
Larry Keltto:

I'm not aware of any such property in the greater Cleveland area, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Actually, I've sometimes wondered what it would be like to eliminate the Lakefront Airport and turn that into something like the Ocean course at Kiawah.

Cleveland is an interesting golf market. There are lots of nice private clubs, some very good muni golf (e.g., Sleepy hollow and Manakiki) and lots of "Mom and Pops" you can play for under $30.

What Cleveland doesn't really have much of is the so called "upscale" public course. On the West Side there is Red Tail, a von Hagge design. On the East side, Stonewater by Hurdzan & Fry. The latest is Boulder Creek, by developer Joe Salemi. But, that's about it.

I'd love for there to be a links like course in this area, but have never heard anyone speculate about any specific location.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »
Tim Weiman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back