News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Neveux

Re: Alcohol Free Private Courses
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 01:34:38 PM »
Come on SLEE, get your game in shape man!!!!

John Moore II

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 01:42:17 PM »
There's a private club in Provo, UT which I'm pretty sure is dry....

And I'm sure there are private clubs in Salt Lake City, Logan, Bountiful, and any number of other cities in Utah which are dry.... ;)

Its only Utah County a.k.a Happy Valley that is stocked to the gills with Mormons, 85-90% saturation rate.  Salt Lake County I beleive is no longer majority Mormon, but think its still just short of 50%.

Either way, Utah has cured me of social drinking as there is really no place to get a good drink.  Paying $8 for a watered down Margarita got really old quick...

Saturation Rate? You make it seem like a concentration of a virus or something. But yeah, I think I remember hearing while I was there that the Provo area and West Jordan area were 75+ percent. And not many stinking golf courses, at least not visible ones.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 01:58:44 PM »
Well, u said virus not me..   ;D  :P

Yeah there aren't a lot down that way.  There is East Bay in South Provo which is pretty forgettable. Then there is Cascade Fairways just north of there which I just did a review on.

The Links at Sleepy Ridge in Orem are worth a look.  Its a Matt Dye course with some interesting holes. Also worth a look is Hobble Creek in Springville just south of Provo.  Some really nice holes that traverse a creek about 12-13 times.

John Moore II

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 02:27:19 PM »
Well, I was actually meaning the whole state of Utah does not have too many courses visible from the roads. They all seem to be tucked back in places, at least compared to NC.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 04:57:52 PM »
Pretty certain Pilgrim Run in Michigan started out that way. Not sure they have maintained that policy.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
I've seen pros fired for weak drinks.  I hit the jackpot yesterday at the Sullivan, IN Elks course.  Ordered a Maker's and Diet to get things started and was initially shocked to see the bottle on empty with perhaps a shot laying in the bottom begging for consumption.  The lady wetted my ice and went to get a fresh bottle.  Knowing I was in a rush to get to the tee she did not have time to install the rush killer and poured bareback into my waiting cup.  How much I ask...$3...That is how you run a club.

Why ruin Maker's by adding Diet Coke????

Steve Lang

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008, 05:45:46 PM »
sounds quite puritan, with no connection or homage to the origins of the game..

bah humbug

http://www.covert-coolers.com/

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

mike_beene

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 05:50:20 PM »
Hope this isn't a threadjack,but I have always been under the impression that food and beverage is if properly accounted for,a loser generally.Without alcohol does it lose more? I am not a big drinker but it is obviously important to most people I know to be able to at least drink after golf. I am afraid to have even a beer before I drive.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2008, 06:02:47 PM »
Lawsonia doesn't allow booze.

The Winnetka Golf Club run by the park district doesn't allow booze.

And Old Elm doesn't have a liquor license so it's BYOB, which is odd since it's right down the street from Highwood, which has been a redlight, rules-free booze haven throughout its entire history due to the military base being right there.  Sort of an odd juxtaposition when you think about it that the pillars of community can't get a liquor license but a whole bunch of fleabag joints did, even they routinely served 17 year olds when I was a kid.... 

I assume the Jans National is BYO.

(Or maybe OYB if you're playing the reverse).   ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back