News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Swanson

Re: Another Lawsonia Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 03:02:34 PM »
While my interpretation  of 6 green may be a stretch, your interpretation of #4 requires the flexibility of one of the 12 year.. I mean 16 year old Chinese girls gymnasts.  I've never seen anyone run a ball onto that green, EVER!  Isn't that a defining characteristic of the redan?

Brad

RJ_Daley

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 03:10:41 PM »
Well, I have hit a 3 iron landing about 15 yards in front and ran it on just fine.  Not that I can do it 1 in 25 times.  But, it isn't supposed to be an automatic.  Just build the kick plate up 1.5 ft and extend it into the right front foregree a bit, and you would have it perfect.  Of course, my 3I running and bounding along the ground is your 5I or 6I out of the air...maybe that is why you can't imagine it...   ::) 8) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Phil McDade

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 03:48:47 PM »
Brad:

I always play into the throat of the area leading up to the green at 4, usually with a hybrid/utility club (often the equivalant of a 7-wood). I never aim at the flag there, esp. if it's anywhere from middle to left on that green. Suicide! I can't say I've reached the green with a running shot, but it's the shot for my game, and usually takes double out of the equation. A good breeze out of the north -- not uncommon in these parts these days -- makes that running shot all the more appealing and worth trying.

Two years ago, Mr. Daley and I closely inspected th 4th green -- together, I might add -- and each of us independently came to the conclusion that all the hole needs to be properly characterized as a Redan is the flanking kick plate on the right and more tilt to the green. I still refer to the 4th as Redan-esque.

Now, as for the 7th, that's a Short if I've ever seen one. Langford just used the heighth of a boxcar in lieu of sand for the penalty for a miss!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back