News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Cirba

Why is GCA so good lately?
« on: July 18, 2006, 08:46:26 AM »
Perhaps it's just me but it seems that GCA has been really interesting in the past couple of weeks.  I think maybe even Mr. Adam Foster Collins would have to agree.  ;)

It seems we're all discussing ARCHITECTURE and isn't that a good thing.  

It also seems that some degree of negativity and personal backbiting has been absent.

Of course, this is probably just a phase, like everything else, but it's nice to see that we have our good moments too.  ;)  ;D

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:Why is GCA so good lately?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 08:57:20 AM »
Go F yourself.....

(Just kidding of course!)

TEPaul

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 08:57:47 AM »
"It also seems that some degree of negativity and personal backbiting has been absent.
Of course, this is probably just a phase, like everything else, but it's nice to see that we have our good moments too.    ;)  ;D

MikeC:

It probably is a phase and I think that phase that 'some degree of negativity and personal backbiting being absent' should stop right now. Furthermore, I think you are acting like a total goodie-two-shoes asshole for even suggesting such a thing.  

JDoyle

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 09:02:40 AM »
I think the quality on GCA rises the further we move away from the publication dates of the annual course rankings  ;)

wsmorrison

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 09:02:51 AM »
I recognize that it has gotten better lately as well, Mike.  It seems to go in cylces and we were in a down cycle and now we're back up.  It'll happen again.  But I do think the quantity and quality of the architecture talk is subordinating some of the bantering and bickering, and that's a good thing.

I really like the depth of discussions and it is no surprise who the contributors are in this regard but what is pleasantly surprising is that there has been broader participation. I think Ian and others challenged us to do better and we are.

Mike, go F yourself, and you too, TEP and TN  ;D

mike_malone

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 09:09:30 AM »
 I think Pat Mucci stepped up to the plate and started many good threads.
AKA Mayday

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 09:18:43 AM »
Wayne,
Yes, and same to you too pardner!

The Reason why it has been so good lately is when people like our own village idiot, Mike Malone make contentious posts that make little or no sense what-so-ever, we, the maniacal idiots that we are go to great lengths to disprove all of their idiotic statements.

It's idiotocracy* at its finest..... And if Carl Jung were alive today, he would have us all put in straight jackets, committed and beaten senseless in a rubber-walled room.

*my own made-up word

TEPaul

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 09:19:47 AM »
Maybe one good reason GOLFCLUBATLAS.com has been so good lately and has been much less negative with a minimum of back-biting and negativity is because I've been away for about the last 4-5 days.

BUT, I'm BACK NOW!!!  

Go shove it Wayno.

;)

Doug Ralston

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 09:24:44 AM »
Mike;

How would I know why, I mean, I just joined a couple weeks ago.........., err,..........oh-h!!  :-*

Doug

Anthony Butler

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 09:31:40 AM »

Mr. Mucci is now too busy wiping lipstick off his tuckus to cause any trouble.
Next!

Adam Clayman

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 09:39:27 AM »
Was he recently showering in Bandon?

As for the rest of ya, I'd cite a certain Nantucket limerick but I think you get my drift.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 10:01:23 AM »
I would have to agree that GCA gets better in the warmer months as we all travel and see more courses and recognize more interesting features on the courses we play.  

For my own self interest I would like someone to post a tutorial on posting pictures from our trips and which program works best, etc.  I must admit that while I think I can take a decent photo, my expertise with the various programs and posting to GCA is very limited.  

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 10:01:48 AM »
Recent majors at Winged Foot, Newport, Prairie Dunes, and Hoylake haven't hurt.

ForkaB

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 10:03:28 AM »
Michelle Wie is in a slump.

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 10:08:57 AM »
Hey, screw all you guys.

I give you a little compliment and you go ahead and act like that?!    ::) :o  ;D

Tom Paul, where were you all that time?  Hiding in the grassy bunker faces at Merion?  Man, with all of this rain they must be like 40 feet long by now!  You notice they didn't get a mention in the most "aesthetic" bunker thread??  Do you think that would have happened a few years back??  ;)

Ok...got that off my chest.

Now, you can all please resume the new kinder and gentler GCA.  ;D

mike_malone

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 10:17:49 AM »
 Tommy,

I am an idiot , but at least I'm an idiot about golf course architecture.
AKA Mayday

Jordan Wall

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 10:20:34 AM »

So has Doak.

So has Mr. Foster-Collins

And why stop?
It's just getting good.
I love all the bunker talk, because I am learning a lot from it.
It's great!!

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 11:09:06 AM »
Tommy,

I am an idiot , but at least I'm an idiot about golf course architecture.

Mike, But your a good idiot In fact, if there was a Hall of Fame for Idiots you would have your own wing. Guys like me, well, were just plain idiots. We belong in our own Hall. (locked closet)

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 11:20:05 AM »
 Mike,

Your question is very interesting. I have been on for about 2 months and I find it addictive. Must limit my time and spend more time working!

If the site is less interesting in the winter, that may be good for my productivity.

Lyman Gallup

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 11:25:51 AM »
Mike, your online friends seem to rally around your topics.  ;)

TEPaul

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 11:55:38 AM »
"Tom Paul, where were you all that time?  Hiding in the grassy bunker faces at Merion?"

No sir, I was down at PVGC for the last four days. There is much to tell about it too but I'm not going to tell you because you're nothing but a rosy-eyed little Pollyanna today, and people like that make me very nervous and very uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 11:56:28 AM by TEPaul »

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 12:53:24 PM »
Mike, your online friends seem to rally around your topics.  ;)

Yes, Lyman, aren't they a swell bunch?  ;)

With friends like these...

Kyle Harris

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 02:40:35 PM »
"Tom Paul, where were you all that time?  Hiding in the grassy bunker faces at Merion?"

No sir, I was down at PVGC for the last four days. There is much to tell about it too but I'm not going to tell you because you're nothing but a rosy-eyed little Pollyanna today, and people like that make me very nervous and very uncomfortable.

Word on the street is you've shot a 74 during that span too.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 03:00:54 PM »

Mr. Mucci is now too busy wiping lipstick off his tuckus to cause any trouble.

I'm never too busy to cause trouble. ;D
[/color]

Tom_Doak

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 03:07:26 PM »
If it indeed has been better, then this thread will certainly be the kiss of death.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back