GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Who Are You Guys(revisited)?

<< < (2/191) > >>

Evan Fleisher:
Peter,

Here is a try at UBB code...

To include an image, you simply put the put the UBB indicator in front of the URL link, which is a set of [] brakets and the phrase IMG located within...and then at the end you include the same tag, but put a / in front of IMG within the brackets.  Also, make sure there are NO SPACES between your URL and the UBB code tags.

Real image (hopfully):

Pretty cool, eh??  ;)

Ken_Cotner:
Ken Cotner
Home:  Charlotte, NC
Married, one daughter age 8 (going on 13)  :D >:(
email:  kcotner@sterling-capital.com

Golf taking a back seat to family and other stuff (Ran, just wait until McK is a couple years older!), but I have enjoyed learning and watching the battles on GCA.

Y'all give me a shout if you pass through NC.

KC

Steve Okula:
I'm originally from Bristol, CT, though I havent' lived there since 1975, when I left to study turf at the University of Maryland. I have since lived and worked in golf course maintenance and construction in Maryland, Florida, North Carolina, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, the Philippines, Portugal, and France, making me one of the more widely travelled supers. (Hey, I could never hold a job!) No one here ever heard of any of the courses I worked at. I am currently superintendent at a private, 36 hole club just outside of Paris. Golf de Joyenval was brilliantly conceived and splendidly executed by the late, great, Robert Trent Jones.

I have always been a crap golfer, and I hardly get out much anymore. I lurk here on a daily basis, but only post when I have something to say, which puts me in the minority on this site. (That's a joke, son).

I regret that I don't get to see more of the courses that are talked about here. If I did, I could make pithy and perceptively witty observations about them to make me feel clever.

Oh, and to Anthony Nysse  - You sound like a bright young lad, full of promise. So, look out, Here come some Free Advice! Don't throw your life away being a maintenance superintendent. Go into the construction end. It is eminently more rewarding, both creatively and financially. Get just enough maintenance experience to learn what you need to know, which is surface drainage, in a nutshell. You get that part right and your courses can't go wrong.

Scott_Burroughs:
Steve (Etienne, en Francais, n'est ce pas?),
     There are a lot of well-travelled golfers here, so list the courses you've worked at and we'll tell you if we've heard of them.  I think you'd be surprised how many people have heard of them.

John_D._Bernhardt:
John D. Bernhardt, age 48
P. O. Box 52309 Lafayette, Louisiana 70505
email jtiger@tcac.net

member Oakbourne Country Club, Lafayette, la  Dick Wilson
University Club in Baton Rouge, Jim Lipe

Occ: Oil and Gas Investments, Attorney, currently developing a golf course.

Loved and played the game since age 10. I really enjoy and have gained a great deal on knowlege from this site. It has been a pleasure to meet and play golf with many of the fine men(golfers) who are contributors to the site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version