News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Re:Golf Club Membership Question
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2006, 06:13:06 PM »
Raphael:

Nearly a month has gone by, what clubs did you narrow your choices down to?

Cary
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Bill_McBride

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2006, 05:45:30 PM »
I haven't read back through all this thread but your friend could buy a time share in the Owners Club at Barton Creek and put $300K in his pocket.  The membership at BCCC is $60K, buying the 27 nights a year time share in a lovely 3 BR 4 BA house looking at the Crenshaw course is maybe $150K.  If you use more than 27 nights a year you pay $200 / night space available.  The club includes access to two "top 100" Fazio courses - Foothills which I didn't play and Canyons which I did, formulaic Fazio, corkscrew cartpaths to elevated tees, good looking holes-- Palmer's Lakeside course which is a lot of fun with three or four forced carries over deep barrancas, and Crenshaw/Coore's early effort, the Cliffside course which I enjoyed most of all at Barton Creek.  Huge greens laid over natural slopes, almost half falling away, none really built up at back.  Fine if short resort course.

12 month play if you don't mind sweating some in summer.

Dan Joseph

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2006, 01:22:29 PM »
http://www.hamiltonfarmgolfclub.com/

I haven't played near as many famous courses as many of the rest of you probably have, but, one of the nicest clubs I had an opportunity to play was Hamilton Farms golf club in NJ.  It has a great practice range with proV1 balls, and an outstanding 18 hole par three course that has 18 signature holes.  I don’t know much about the membership costs or availability.  You can check out the web site above.  This is where I would join if I had the resources.

Raphael_Larson

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2006, 06:38:02 PM »
Raphael:

Nearly a month has gone by, what clubs did you narrow your choices down to?

Cary

It looks like he's going spread his allotted money around and join:

(1) RTJ (great for business/political outings),
(2) the Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale @ Troon North (his in-laws own a place there and his wife wants a vacation place there also), and
(3) Kinloch Club (pure golf club in close proximity to DC).  

As of last weekend, the RTJ membership process has already begun, I'm not sure about Troon North, and Kinloch is awaiting a trip down to Richmond to check it out.  

What a lucky SOB!  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back