News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony_Nysse

New Members-Bobby Ranum
« on: February 18, 2006, 11:22:30 PM »
Gentleman,
  In viewing some of the new memebers, I'd like to be the first to welcome Mr. Bobby Ranum to the website. Mr. Ranum is the superintendent at Atlantic Golf Club in Bridgehampton, NY-host to some recent renovations that have sparked the interest of many here, specificly the new bunkering. I personally look forward to your views and opinions on architecture and maintenance as Atlantic has gone through several changes since it's inception in 1992. I'm sure many would love to hear any stories of Garden City, too!  ;D Welcome!

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Long Cove Club
HHI, SC

P.S.-A friend of mine interned for you from Michigan State-Adam Meicki.(sp) Any idea where he is currently?
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Tom_Doak

Re:New Members-Bobby Ranum
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 08:24:19 AM »
Bobby is the guy we should get to talk about the old Links Club on Long Island, the NLE Macdonald course.  He helped them maintain it when he was at Garden City, and I understand he played it more than a couple of times.

Brad Klein

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 11:16:49 AM »
Ranum's a hard-working, enthusiastic and very knowledgable  fellow who basically spearheaded a number of design innovations at Atlantic GC, namely the fescue roughs, the squared-off tees, rolling down the backs of some greens into fall offs, and lately, the scraggly-edged MacKenzie-style bunkers.

Not enough superintendents gets profiled, but there's an interesting look at Ranum in Lowell Sculman's account of the club's development, a book called "Miracle on Breeze Hill."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 12:09:04 PM by Brad Klein »

TEPaul

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 11:48:44 AM »
BobbyR;

Welcome to GOLFCLUBATLAS.com.

I just want to give you one very valuable piece of advice about this website;

DO NOT, under any circumstances---I repeat under ANY circmustances ever, I repeat EVER, listen to PATRICK MUCCI. The man is wrong OVER 98% of the time these days. I've tried to help him but he's back-sliding again.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 11:50:06 AM by TEPaul »

Mark Hissey

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 11:13:53 AM »
Oh dear. Don't expect Bobby to be on here all the time. I'll have to swing by and show him how to type.  ;D

Just kdding my friend!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back