News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

Walkabout Golf Club ??
« on: December 03, 2002, 05:32:00 PM »
What does anyone know about Walkabout Golf Club in Mims, FL.  I believe I have heard that LPGA player Jan Stevenson has her name on the design, and maybe Perry Dye did it with her.

What I am wondering is does anyone know if it is open?  I heard that it was going to open in like early 2002, then I recently heard someone say they thought it wasnt open?  What is the deal?  And do you know the phone number and who the pro is there?  I tried my normal golf search engines and came up empty.

Let me know what anyone knows about this mystery.

D.B.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

yogi_barry

Re: Walkabout Golf Club ??
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 08:08:52 PM »
According to the Florida State Golf Association club directory this course is located near Titusville/Cape Canaveral...  There is telephone contact information on the FSGA website...  Hope this helps...

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 07:54:00 AM »
Yogi,

Thanks for the pointer, but the mystery of Walkabout continues.  When I called the number listed in FSGA site this morning, I got the cell phone of some irritable guy who didn't speak very good english.

I cannot seem to find out what the deal is with this place.  Someone else gave me a number a couple months ago, with nearly the same results.

What is wierd is that there is and address and phone number listed.  And Yahoo Map even has the location listed and directions to the club available, but near as I can tell you cant call them.  

I had heard at one time that it was supposed to be opening early to mid 2002.  I wonder if it did?   And if so what marketing genius decided to have an unlisted phone number for a public golf course.

Any help would be welcomed.  If not I will have to go on a search mission next week when I am down there, because now it is a quest to find (like the Holy Grail).
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 08:53:45 PM »
Daryl,

Here's a thread I started in early January that was about this subject.  The GD article linked mentions Walkabout GC more than half way down, but has no info other than that.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/YaBB.cgi?board=GD1&action=display&num=1010431344&start=3

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back