News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A.G._Crockett

Legends at Chateau Elan
« on: December 30, 2005, 10:37:55 PM »
The Legends Course at Chateau Elan in Braselton, GA, lists Gene Sarazen, Sam Snead, and Kathy Whitworth as the GCA's, with each reportedly picking 6 of their favorite holes from somewhere in the world to comprise the course.

Anyone know who actually did the work?  (Denis Griffiths did the other two, I know).

Thanks in advance.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Gary Daughters

Re:Legends at Chateau Elan
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 11:08:52 PM »

Griffiths also did the work on the Legends.
He has done some really nice layouts in Georgia, perhaps the best being Brasstown Valley in Young Harris.
And he's a swell guy to boot.
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

Jim Nugent

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 06:04:42 AM »
How is the Legends course?  

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 07:47:14 AM »
Gary,
Thanks for the information.  I've played a number of Griffiths courses around the state, and have enjoyed all of them.

Jim,
I have played the other two courses at Chateau Elan, but not the Legends.  A friend played it last week, and prefers the Woodlands course of the three.  He felt like the Legends course might have been too heavily bunkered to be as enjoyable as it might have been otherwise.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 07:47:48 AM by A.G._Crockett »
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back