News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

AdamJessie

Glenmoor Country Club?
« on: June 03, 2003, 05:43:20 PM »
I was recently in the Denver area for a wedding, and the reception was at Glenmoor CC. I am from the Denver area and know very little about this course. I know that it is early 80's DYE, and looks to be very difficult from the few holes that I got to walk while I was there. In Doaks book he did not have much to say about it so if anyone can give me some info about this course I would greatly appreciate it.  

Thanks,
Adam
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Doug Wright

Re: Glenmoor Country Club?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 09:20:23 AM »
Hi Adam,

IMO Glenmoor doesn't deserve many bytes' attention. BillV/Redanman sums it up pretty well, but it's worse than that. Million $$$ houses very much in play**  nearly every hole, faux mounding everywhere, and where there aren'tmounds there's railroad ties. This course gets old real fast, and it's dangerous too for homeowners and golfers alike.

**Without consulting me, my brother in law bought a house at Glenmoor smack in the firing line of tee shots from BOTH the par 5 4th and par 4 6th holes. A slicer could easily hit his house twice in three holes, and from the pockmarks, dents and golf balls lying around I think some did!  :oSomehow he was able to unload this house on some other unsuspecting sucker and move far, far away from any golf course.  ::)

All The Best,
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Brad Swanson

Bear Dance?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 10:04:16 AM »
Every time I drive down Belleview by Gleenmoor, I'm amazed the Dyes fit an 18 hole course amongst the houses.

Brad Swanson
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:06 PM by -1 »

Larry_Rodgers

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 06:44:04 PM »
OK blame Perry all you want, but be sure to stop at his house when you complain(the one next to the pumphouse). He, his father and Rod made a very tight routing which was locked in due to the Chherry Hills zoning board, into a very interesting course and provided the developer an opportunity to make alot of $$$$. Today we can all comment but is it golf.

AdamJessie

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2003, 02:57:57 PM »
It can't be that bad...  Is it?  

Are the other "Dye" courses in the area (Riverdale, Plum Creek) that much better, and is it safe to say that this the "mutt" of the big clubs ( DCC, Cherry Hills) in denver as well or does it not even deserve to be mentioned in the same breathe as those clubs.  

And my last question is, is it just the cramped quarters or is the layout garbage, or is there a lack of maintence to add to it.  

Thank you for the information,
Adam Jessie

Doug Wright

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2003, 10:20:54 PM »

It can't be that bad...  Is it?  

Are the other "Dye" courses in the area (Riverdale, Plum Creek) that much better, and is it safe to say that this the "mutt" of the big clubs ( DCC, Cherry Hills) in denver as well or does it not even deserve to be mentioned in the same breathe as those clubs.  

And my last question is, is it just the cramped quarters or is the layout garbage, or is there a lack of maintence to add to it.  

Adam,

It can't be that bad--yes it is...

Yes, the other "Dye" courses in the area are that much better...

Glenmoor is not a "big club," so it's not a mutt of the big clubs in Denver.

Maintenance has nothing to do with it. It's a bad "Dye" on a terrible piece of land.

All The Best,
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back