GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

What is the most valuable golf artifact?

(1/11) > >>

wsmorrison:
My mind is spinning with the possible valuations of the Pine Valley routing map by Colt.  In the minds of collectors or people in the know, what is the single most valuable golf artifact?  How about golf architecture artifact?

Jeff_Mingay:
Golf architecture artifact?

How about Raynor's routing plan for Cypress Point! I'm sure Geo. Bahto would pay a fortunate for that artifact!

Steve_ Shaffer:
The missing Flynn plans for Philmont. ;D

wsmorrison:
Steve,

If they are found, they're likely a forgery.  Philmont North does not make my list of Flynn designs.  Perhaps he did some redesign work...likely I'd say.  But it ain't no Flynn original.

South Course:  Reid
North Course:  Willie Park, Jr. and that is a fine attribution.  The club should be proud.  If you think of Park's place in golf architecture it is truly lofty!

Jeff,

I'd sure like to see that Raynor drawing!

RJ_Daley:
Does anything in the way of routing plans, drawings, engineering plans exist for Lido?  I'd think that would be pretty valuable to a collector?  I haven't taken time to consult with Georges book before asking.  Maybe George already covered that.  I can't remember...

IN the "Scrapbook of Old Tom Morris" there are all sorts of references to various artifacts that might be very valuable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version