News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dave_Miller

Who would you choose?
« on: November 09, 2005, 01:43:47 PM »
To the Treehouse:

In designing or even doing a re-design which Fazio would you choose if you had a choice of only Tom Fazio or Jim Fazio.  

Is there a difference and how would you characterize these differences.

Would one be better for design or would one be better for renovation and re-design type work?

Thanks,
Fairways and Greens,
Dave

Patrick_Mucci

Re:Who would you choose?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 05:10:11 PM »
Dave,

I'd probably choose the one who could commit the most time, on site, to the project.

The one who was comfortable with the concept of a collaboration of sorts

But, if you had narrowed your choice to these two, I don't see how you could go wrong with either one.

Steve Lapper

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 05:14:51 PM »
I would choose the young one: Tommy Fazio (I think he's a nephew??)

He's the person most responsible for having done much of the design and implementation work at Trump Bedminster (one of the better recent jobs). He's good and not yet enamored of himself, unlike his relations.
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

SPDB

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 05:34:35 PM »
Steve -
Tommy was a site manager for Bedminster, but his design input was very limited. He was given the job b/c business was slow for him at the time.

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 05:52:49 PM »
I'd pick Tom in a heartbeat. While roundly criticized on this site, his name carries an incredible marketing value to golfers in general.

Dave_Miller

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 06:38:35 PM »
Dave,

I'd probably choose the one who could commit the most time, on site, to the project.

The one who was comfortable with the concept of a collaboration of sorts

But, if you had narrowed your choice to these two, I don't see how you could go wrong with either one.

Patrick:
Are you familiar with any of Jim Fazio's projects?  Do you like his work?
Best
Dave

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 08:12:25 PM »
The El DIablo is a JF design and it is quite good save for some tree planting/flower bed things placed too close to play. I did hear he made two count them, 2, site visits.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 08:12:59 PM by Adam Clayman »

Dave_Miller

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 02:15:02 PM »
The El DIablo is a JF design and it is quite good save for some tree planting/flower bed things placed too close to play. I did hear he made two count them, 2, site visits.

Adam:
Thanks :).  If he does our project he lives there so he should be around more ;D
Best
Dave

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 02:48:52 PM »
Dave Miller,

I've played Trump International about a dozen or so times and find some of the holes very appealing, especially considering how much earth was moved for some holes.

One has to wonder how much of the glitz factor was inserted into the equation by the force behind the project.

As I said, if they were the finalists, I don't think you can make a bad choice.

Jason Topp

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 02:57:24 PM »
I liked Texarkana Golf Ranch which lists Jim Fazio as architect.  Great layout, great site, rough conditions, no customers.  Perfect for a fun trip at a low cost.  I would consider it the anti CCFAD.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back