News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Danny Goss

St Andrews Beach
« on: December 12, 2002, 05:15:11 AM »
Are any of the Oz guys from GCA going to the day with Tom Doak on Saturday afternoon down at St Andrews Beach? Apparently Tom is going to walk a few holes and expand on his visions and aspirations for the site from 2.00 till 5.00.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Andrew_P

Re: St Andrews Beach
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2002, 11:50:06 PM »
Danny I was desperately keen to go but was otherwise booked.

I spoke to one of the guys from "The Golf Club" the other night (who are the firm running with much of the work) and he told me they need to sell 40 odd Foundation Memberships for the project to go forward and that they are well on the way toward doing so.  

In fact he said that Tom was even planning on putting in some bunkers on Friday (13th)!  

Danny Goss

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2002, 01:47:55 AM »
Andrew,
I think that was the problem......a few others were booked and it was short notice. I certainly added to my golf course education by walking around the site today with Tom Doak explaining many of the holes and his methods. I'd say about 50 were there.
They need to sell at least 40 "A" class shares at $100,000 to get it going (each share entitling you to two memberships - no futher subs). The prospectus for the "G" Class shares was also available.
The site is fantastic and Doak is saying it is better than the land at Royal Melbourne, Winged and Baltusrol, Sunningdale and Portrush.
The holes looked so natural and he said that only about 5 of the 36 require any serious earthmoving.
I'm pretty tempted.

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 11:06:33 PM »

Boys -

It was certainly a great educational experience walking with Tom Doak. He's a passionate guy, who despite his position in world golf, didn't seem to mind rubbing shoulders with us all.

Like many of you (I suspect), it would be great to see the project get up, and Doak's plans realised, on what is a great undulating parcel of land. Pity there's not a bit more Ocean view... The routing seems great, with lots of variety with holes, frequent changes of direction, and great use of all available natural features.

What do we think about the likelihood of the finances turning out OK ? 40 shares would seem to be a stretch with National shares, and others (Barnbougle Dunes, and others), on the market currently.

Matthew
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Mark_F

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 10:33:43 PM »
Matthew,
It will certainly be interesting to see if they sell all one hundred of the $100,000 dollar shares.  it's a fairly alien concept to this country.

I bet the allocation of the $20,000 shares go pretty quick, though.

Does anyone know if they have indeed sold the 40 $100,000 shares they need to proceed?

Tom Doak

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 11:34:50 PM »
Mark:  They have not sold the 40 shares yet.  I'm not sure how many are accounted for.

However, the requirement is for them to raise a total of $4 million in order to be able to take the funds out of escrow and proceed in earnest -- through any combination of "A" class and "G" class shares.  I think that will be an important difference, and should enable them to get going a bit sooner.

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2002, 01:19:11 AM »

Mark - I agree that the G Class shares will sell much much faster, and that there will be lots more interest there.

I didn't realise that there was an either / or policy, with just a certain amount of $$$ needed to be raised. I apologise for suggesting that there needed to be a minimum of A shares sold prior to commencement. G class sales should get 'em over the line...

Tom - Thanks for your time and effort on Saturday. It is really appreciated. Like so many others, I dearly hope that the courses are built. I will really savour the memory of walking around the land, with yourself and others. It would be a thrill to play the course, and think back to the time when it all existed on the drawing board...

How are things going with Barnbougle Dunes ??

Matthew
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Greg Ramsay

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2002, 04:50:14 AM »
Matthew, all is very hectic down here.  Tom spent a few days on-site earlier in the week and is now set to tinker with the routing to allow some fantastic new holes to come into play.  We have now received all approvals for both our Foundation Memberships and our Product Disclosure Statement and are currently executing all the relevant deeds and will be underway launching the Foundation Memberships shortly.

Greg Ramsay
www.barnbougledunes.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back