GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Montclair CC....

(1/2) > >>

David Panzarasa:
I am just wondering if there is anywhere or anyone who has pictures of Montclair? going to play there next week and just wondering what some of the holes look like. Thank you
David

Ian Andrew:
David,

I have no photos, but I can say regardles of which nines you play, you will discover a gem. If you have a choice play the 4th nine (Banks) for the shear fun it brings.

Small greens, wild contours, and hillside golf are all part of the enjoyment of the course. Enjoy.

Patrick_Mucci:
David,

With 36 holes at your disposal you're in for a treat.

I'd suggest the 2nd and 4th nines as your first choice with the 3rd and 1st nines as the second choice.

Four holes on the 1st nine have been redone due to the tennis courts.  I'm not fond of any of them.  So has the 4th and I believe 5th green.

Other holes such as the 2nd, 3rd and 4th on the second nine and the 6th on the 3rd have been redone, mostly at the green end.   Some of those greens became too severe for modern speeds, which is unfortunate as they had tons of character.

Bobby Jones called Montclair the longest short course in America.   I think you'll like the Donald Ross, Charles Banks golf course.

Let us know your thoughts after you've played it.

Matt_Ward:
David:

As an FYI -- Montclair goes by the tag "golf club" not "country club."

Pat is right about the 36 holes and I concur playing the #2 and #4 nines -- that combo is among my personal top 10-12 courses in NJ. Simply some of the most unique and fun holes you can play. The green complexes -- particularly the 1st on the 4th nine -- are truly well done and fit the landscape quite well.

For a course just over 6,500 yards it's amazing how l-o-n-g some of the holes can play.

Be also interested in your comments after you play.

HamiltonBHearst:

Golf club, country club.  Interesting, I have not heard of many golf clubs that have remodeled four holes due to tennis courts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version