News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dennis_Harwood

6 hour rounds--what is Donald going to do?
« on: October 01, 2005, 08:48:54 PM »
For the "opening" of Donald's new Calif course, the best of the LPGA took over 6 hours to play the track, and over 9 groups were still on the course at dark--

Apparently the ESA, prohibited play and entry, adjoining most fairways, and rough adjoining the ESA took forever to sort out (was the ball in the rough or in the ESA which required penalty relief or lost in the rough meaning back to the tee?)--Something like the coinditions at Spanish Bay, only worse-

If the best take 6 hours + what is the public going to average, and what is that going to do with revenue?

Dan Herrmann

Re:6 hour rounds--what is Donald going to do?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 08:56:31 PM »
I watched it last night and was significantly underwhelmed.  One waterfall is ugly, two is gauche.

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 09:44:18 PM »
Now we know how it is better than Pebble Beach.

Esa's ?

Is this not golf?

PThomas

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 11:09:22 PM »
that is freakin unbelievable  :o :o
197 played, only 3 to go!!

Thomas_Brown

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 11:31:31 PM »
I went today.

I was surprised how slow the women play - I think they're worse than the men(notwithstanding Ben Crane's antics).

Move the tournament to Rustic Canyon.
I think it would be a better site in many ways.

I was surprised Shackelford liked #18 in his review.
Must be the centerline Principle's Nose inspired bunker or the background view of Pepperdine.

rjsimper

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 01:05:57 AM »
I was surprised how slow the women play - I think they're worse than the men(notwithstanding Ben Crane's antics).

This could not be more true - they are all coming up through the ranks as Morgan Pressel-ish robots - no sense of feel, no way to will their way around the golf course.

Robots - tick tock tick tock

Dennis_Harwood

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 02:02:21 AM »
I went today.

Must be the centerline Principle's Nose inspired bunker or the background view of Pepperdine.

Tell me about the Environmental Areas.  When widespread they create real problems in the play of any course -- and there is no real good solution (either free relief--which permits a player to blast away with no penalty for accuracy, or mark it as OB--which in a limited area course cramps play, or if some kind of drop relief with penalty, if rough in the area and some kind of drop relief it discourages playing provisional balls)--

I am sure Shack was taken by the background of Pepperdine being the Wave grad he is.

Jim Nugent

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 11:16:04 AM »
One of the first day leaders was asked to compare the course to others she knows.  Trump, from his earlier comments, was probably waiting for Pebble...CPC...Riveria...Olympic.  The course it most reminds her of is one in Mexico City, built on the side of a hill.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back