News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

Who is going to PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando in 2 weeks?
« on: January 14, 2011, 11:42:18 PM »
Just wondered who from GCA is planning to be down there that week?

I plan to be, and normally bump into one or two of the gang while there.  Let us know and maybe we'll see you there.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Matt_Ward

Re: Who is going to PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando in 2 weeks?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 11:45:07 PM »
Turboe:

I will be there -- usually I head with a small gang to Hemingway's at the Grand Cypress Hyatt on Thursday night of show week.

If anyone is around earlier -- the demo day on Wed is a must -- sort of like an adult toystore for golfers !

Would be interested in mtg people and saying hello !

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 11:57:26 PM »
Turboe:

I will be there -- usually I head with a small gang to Hemingway's at the Grand Cypress Hyatt on Thursday night of show week.

If anyone is around earlier -- the demo day on Wed is a must -- sort of like an adult toystore for golfers !

Would be interested in mtg people and saying hello !

Matt I may be up for catching up with you Thurs evening. I know Wed night might be busy, and I think I have something Fri night as well. I agree with your thoughts on demo day, I have often described for people the entire week as "trick or treating for adults". I love watching people load bags fullof free tees etc from every booth.

Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Matt_Ward

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 12:07:25 AM »
Turboe:

Last year's demo day was ideal - little wind and temps near 80 !

The range at Orange County is clearly unique and made to order for the event.

Contact me via offline and I can pass along my cel # so we can hook up.

Hemingway's at Grand Cypress is a really fine place for post-Show get togethers.

Matt_Ward

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 11:10:39 AM »
b u m p . . .

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 11:22:37 AM »
Matt,

I plan to be down all three days. A fair few folks on this site usually make the trek. Meeting up at Peabody's after the daily proceedings is usually a good way to connect and then plan a dinner, later get together, golf, etc. IM me your cell details and I'll forward mine as well. Should be an enjoyable and productive show.

Cheers,
Kris
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Tom_Doak

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 01:03:39 PM »
I am going to be in Florida that whole week, working on our new project.  I've got a little tour set up for Friday afternoon if any of you want to come down and see what we are building, just let me know.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 02:29:15 PM »
I think this is a week before the GCSAA show? I'd be interested in seeing Tom's work. I cant imagine it's more than a 3 hour drive.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Chris Cupit

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »
Me.  I am getting in Wednesday night and leaving Friday around lunch.  I'll try and find ya'll.

Chris Cupit

Matt_Ward

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 03:23:39 PM »
For those who have time - my group usually gathers at Hemingway's at Grand Cypress Resort for drinks and dinner.

Place is really first rate -- if anyone wishes to gather there for Thurs night of the show week -- just send me a message offline. We usually get there around 7 PM.

For those who do get in early Wed -- we can also mt at the demo day event -- the greatest adult toy store event known to man.

Andy Silis

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 08:20:49 AM »
I'll be at the Demo Day and obviously the Show. Booth 1633.

All are welcome to stop by and say Hi.

Andy Silis
National Sales Manager
Tour Edge/Exotics Golf

Emmy

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 11:38:50 AM »

I am glad to hear GCA members will gather during the PGA Show. I too, will be attending the show.
Keep me posted. Messages can be left for me at the Golf Yellow Pages/GolfMediaLibrary.com booth (#3001).

See you in Orlando,
Emmy

Matt_Ward

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 11:59:12 AM »
For those who get early to the show -- be curious to meet people at the food court for demo day.

Great way to unwind and intro one another.

let me know if that works for anyone.

Mark Hissey

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 09:50:31 PM »
I'll be there with Michael Pascucci. I'm always up for a beer or two.

Matt_Ward

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 10:07:23 PM »
Hey guys,

For those who will be attending -- Wed for demo day is a great way to meet and sample all the equipment.

I am already hooked up with a few people -- eager to meet others who will be attending.

If so -- just provide me with contact info (cel #) offline and I'll follow-up.

thanks,

Scott Stambaugh

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 10:21:56 PM »
I am going to be in Florida that whole week, working on our new project.  I've got a little tour set up for Friday afternoon if any of you want to come down and see what we are building, just let me know.

Tom-

Wondering if you will be on site anytime between Feb 7-11 and considering doing the same for any interested GCSAA conference attendees?  I know a few of us would be interested. Thanks.

Scott

Simon Holt

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 08:20:59 AM »
I arrive on Weds night.  Got a pretty full day at the show and dinner on Thursday but will hopefully make it down to Tom D's tour on Friday unless I get 'dragged' off to play golf.  Really looking forward to putting some faces to names.

I will be in Florida until Monday before flying home to Scotland- hopefully it will be warmer than last year! 

Easiest way to get me is by email.

Cheers,
Simon
2011 highlights- Royal Aberdeen, Loch Lomond, Moray Old, NGLA (always a pleasure), Muirfield Village, Saucon Valley, watching the new holes coming along at The Renaissance Club.

Chris Munoz

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 08:35:05 AM »
Hey Hissey,

Are you going to be at the Golf Industry Show?  If so lets meet up.  Big Nick is down here at PuntaCana.  Going to play Corales, sometime this week.

Take Care,

Christian C. Munoz
Assistant Superintendent Corales
PUNTACANA Resort & Club
www.puntacana.com

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 09:49:09 AM »
On Thursday, a good spot to meet to chat, and perhaps even sit while doing so, is directly across the street from the Convention Center, at Peabody's, around 5:00 p.m. If you enter the far-right side of the hotel lobby coming from the street... walk through the archway to the back area there, past a mini-bar or two usually set up on the right as you enter the main area with the fountain centered on the left. Back right, there are several, sizeable round tables(3-4) situated in that area.

It's close enough to see folks, but offers a slightly quieter area to converse and tipple. I'll be in that area, around 4:30-5.p.m. or so,  and should be able to secure a table and will place a small GCA sign on the center of the table. I suggest that interested GCAers make a stop there, beginning around 5p.m. or so on Thursday.

While many, such as Matt and Simon have dinner plans later that night, it would give all a chance to at least meet and set up anything that might be planned for Friday or Saturday. I look forward to meeting and sharing war stories with our fellow GCA addicts!

Cheers,
Kris
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Matt_Ward

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 10:42:44 AM »
Kris:

Good idea to have the table marked -- the Peabody can be quite hectic.

My group can stop by at that time and then we will be heading out. Maybe a few that gather would like to hook up for dinner if that works for them.

see you all in orlando ...

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 11:50:21 AM »
Matt,

Sounds like a plan. I'll see you and the rest of the troops there on Thursday!

Cheers,
Kris

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back