News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete_Pittock

WGC Match Play at Austin CC
« on: March 20, 2018, 08:55:37 PM »

I was a little disappointed last year with spectator stands interfered with architectural intent on some half par holes. Players would just bomb over the green and get a free drop. Hope things are changed a bit this go-round.

I'll probably miss all the TV watching as I head down to Pensacola for Bill's CofL. And good luck to all the spectators and field with the serial bomber on the loose.

JLahrman

Re: WGC Match Play at Austin CC
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 10:25:35 PM »

Yeah the match play is kind of taking a back seat this week. I work about five miles down 360 from ACC. And the FedEx from where the mad bomber sent the two packages is my local one, maybe two miles from my home. Just seems to be no pattern to the attacks or clear motive.

Hopefully the tournament has taken necessary precautions. The players will probably be a little more reluctant to go out on the town, if anything...

Jeff Schley

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 12:09:49 AM »

Yeah the match play is kind of taking a back seat this week. I work about five miles down 360 from ACC. And the FedEx from where the mad bomber sent the two packages is my local one, maybe two miles from my home. Just seems to be no pattern to the attacks or clear motive.

Hopefully the tournament has taken necessary precautions. The players will probably be a little more reluctant to go out on the town, if anything...

I'm so sorry for the recent attacks and pray that this doesn't happen again, let alone in the Austin area.  May justice be served.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Brian Ross

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 08:29:44 AM »

He dead. Great job by the police, FBI, and everyone involved in putting an end to this.

https://www.statesman.com/news/breaking-austin-bombing-suspect-dies-police-close-official-says/KZmUAGvKlNazDr31EzeUzI/

Now back to the golf!
Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.

http://www.rossgolfarchitects.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back