News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A.G._Crockett

The coolness of this website
« on: June 15, 2005, 10:13:26 PM »
Yesterday I found a golf ball deep in the woods at my home course here in Georgia with an Ekwanok CC logo. (It was a new DT So/Lo; our member-guest was this past weekend.)  I was not familiar with the name, but the club logo includes the date 1899, which was impressive to me, so I offhandedly googled the club name when I got home.  I clicked on the first result shown, and lo and behold, this came up:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/ekwanok1.html

I don't know who did the profile or when it was written, but it is very good, with great pictures as well.  Many, many thanks to the author; there is terrific history included along with the pictures and the profile of the current course.  It was obviously a labor of love.

Just another example of the remarkable resource that GCA.com can be.  
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Dan Herrmann

Re:The coolness of this website
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 06:40:52 AM »
Heck - I was solely using Ran's reviews for 2 years before I discovered the discussion group.  This website has significantly increased my enjoyment of golf and I've met a bunch of absolutely wonderful people.

Sounds like a total success to me!

James Bennett

Re:The coolness of this website
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 02:30:35 AM »
Dan

I was in the same boat regarding the Discussion Group.  

I suggested to a friend (our course supt) to see something on the Discussion Group regarding the UK greenkeeping experience, and some recent BIGGA research.  He got to the main page of the Discussion Group, but then thought he had to log on (which he couldn't).  Apparently, it wasn't obvious to the casual browser how to access the topics of discussion.  I suspect some other possible readers suffer the same fate.

However, the website is really cool.
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back