News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan Fleisher

New Barnbougle Pics
« on: December 30, 2002, 05:45:01 PM »
As a favor to Greg Ramsay, I am posting a few images from his new website featuring Barnbougle Dunes.  I'm sure he will provide some commentary below, once the images appear.  Here you go!...

Tom's preliminary routing

A contour map

Aerial photo of the 4th

An inland hole shot

The 8th hole
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Greg Ramsay

Re: New Barnbougle Pics
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2002, 05:59:52 PM »
Thanks v.much Evan for posting the pics,

People can find out more about the project at www.barnbougledunes.com/new_site  
at long last, after a range of financial regulatory delays we'll be launching our Foundation Memberships very shortly.  All approvals are in hand and we're just waiting for the New Years hubbub to die down.  Forward reservations for Memberships are extrememly encouraging.

I should comment that this is Tom's first routing, and after his visit before Christmas with Mike Keiser, i expect some major tinkering with the eastern 9 routing.  Tom found a great new postcard par 3 followed by a beachside long par 4 combination which i expect will now feature.  

The proposed 8th hole may or may not be included in the final routing, but it does supply an easy computer generated golf hole- (you can see the village of Bridport to the left in the distance), courtesy of photographer David Scaletti, who also took the inland pic hole.  The inland pic hole is the area at the bottom right corner of the routing map, with the river on one side, and the wetlands on the other.

I hope people enjoy the interview with Tom Doak which can be downloaded from the Architects page as well as Mike Clayton's letter, and the pages on Bridport and the local history (including a series of past golf development proposals) might be of interest as well.

I'll be glad to answer any questions, and look forward to putting our offer documents up soon.  Sorry about the overtly commercial nature of this post, but everyone on GCA.com have been so supportive, and it will be such a relief to finally make these memberships available

best wishes for the New Year

Greg Ramsay
www.barnbougledunes.com/new_site

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2002, 06:54:49 PM »
WOW!
Thanx to Evan for Posting this. And Greg, you bastard, it looks like you have a Cypress Point on your hands.

Could you tell us more of the actual weather patterns and wind speeds? March 04' still the go?

Congrats, and Happy New year

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2002, 12:05:28 PM »
Greg, your website looks better each time I visit it.  I did pick on the link to the "Foundation Membership" offering and got a blank page.  Is that because it is still under security oversight review?  Having gone through a similar review and approval on an intra-state share offering to attempt to fund a golf course project, I sympathize that the process is a long one requiring much fine tuning of many changing details. Good luck. 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Greg Ramsay

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2003, 03:39:03 PM »
I hope everyone's enjoying a great start to the New Year, i have not been able to get to the computer.  Hopefully lots of people's New Year's resolution was to get out on the golf course more often!

Mr Clay_Man, we are expecting to start construction in March when the Autumn rains come.  It is summer here at the moment, and with very little moisture in the sand, any earthworks we do would be very prone to erosion risk.  Its also easier to shape when the sand is heavy.  We'll be hydro-seeding the course wall-to-wall to further minimise this erosion risk.  Starting in March could have us open as early as December 2003, but more likely January 2004.

Our course won't be anything like Cypress Point, it will hopefully be as inspiring and stunning, but its not on cliffs.  It'll be more like Ballybunion or Cruden Bay I expect (without the weak holes!).

Being a coastal site Barnbougle does obviously get its fair share of high winds, however i've spent a lot of time on the great links courses of Scotland and Ireland, and on the whole windy days here are not as common or strong.  We also have much warmer weather.  Generally the west coast of Tasmania is buffeted by the rain and wind coming across the Indian ocean, but this weather has cleared up by the time it gets across to the east coast.

Mr Daley, the link to the Product Disclosure Statement is not working at the moment because we don't officially launch our Foundation Memberships until next week, and are not making the document publicly available until then.  We have all the required approvals now, but are waiting for everyone to get back to work and recover from the festive period before launch.

thanks very much for the continued support
Greg

Justin_Ryan

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2003, 04:05:49 AM »
Greg
How is the project being viewed by the local community?  And more importantly, is there still time for Paul Daley and myself to buy a cheap beach shack before prices are sent soaring?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back