News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adrian_Stiff

Re: A week in GB&I playing the same course..
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 11:38:39 AM »
Nowhere is much fun in January. Agree S/E is best though if it were me I'd do to St Andrews and play as many of those with a solitary stay rather than one course.

Hard to know your budget though.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Darragh Garrahy

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »

Emailed St E yesterday and will let you know.

Ideal would be Rye or Cinque Ports, but I'm trying to get somewhere where I wouldn't know members and would be able to play every day on my own. I've never done it before- always feel so rushed flying from Dublin to Gatwick and getting the the rental car to go somewhere for two quick rounds of foursomes for a society or club match (doing exactly that at Burnham & B this Thurs!).

Great suggestions so far in this thread; will fleshs them out and keep updated.

"Thinking of somewhere like St Enodoc."

Darragh -

Have you checked with St. Enodoc? Will they offer you a weekly ticket?

West Cornwall GC offers a Country Membership for under 230 pounds, but I have not played there and don't know if the course is interesting enough to entertain you for a week.

DT

P.S. My guess is a good number of clubs will be willing for offer you some sort of weekly ticket for a visit in January even if they don't offer one on their website. It wouldn't hurt to contact the Club Secretary and ask.

P.P.S. Machrihanish GC is charging a winter green fee of 35 pounds. You could go there and have the option of playing Machrihanish Dunes at their winter green fee rate of 40 pounds.

https://www.machgolf.com/rates/
http://machrihanishdunes.com/golf/golf-rates/

Thomas Dai

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2019, 03:37:52 PM »
At St E the clubs other course, the Holywell, should not be ignored. Not long on the card it may be but much of it plays over some lovely terrain and has many fine holes including an outstanding par-3 (the 15th).
And for St E you can fly into Exeter (maybe even Newquay) Airport.
Plus Perranporth and Trevose are close by too.
Atb

Charles Lund

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2019, 12:23:51 AM »
In 2017, I did a two week trip in late August or early September and had  five day pass at St. Enodoc.  In  the remaining time I played four other courses.

St. Enodoc was welcoming and my decision to organize a trip around a Gourmet's Choice course where I played five rounds was one that I did not regret.

I got in additional rounds at Royal North Devon, Saunton East and West, and Burnham and Berrow.  On the day before I flew out from Vancouver, I got in a round at Capilano. 

Charles Lund

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back