News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A_Clay_Man

Max Behr's return to Mainstream
« on: March 13, 2005, 02:44:51 PM »
Geoff has done it again.

Well done.  

http://www.golfdom.com/golfdom/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=148947

Some key Behr;
"For surely, no engagement is worthwhile when all can be known about it beforehand. Indeed, illusion, if it can be created, gives a hole distinction.

and this..
"Should the golfer, in all cases, become immediately aware of what his fate is?,"

Is it not this suspense that in hunting, shooting, fishing and in all sports sublimates the mind and heart into a region of no knowledge, a region where for a moment we are permitted to dream impossible things and become heroes?"
This is the stuff that keeps golfers coming back.

Kelly Blake Moran

Re:Max Behr's return to Mainstream
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 08:55:10 AM »
Adam,

thanks for bringing this to light.  I am very attacted to Behr and feel he may be an enduring mentor, maybe more so than Mackenzie.  I have attempted to get some Behr material through Geoff but he is keeping pretty tight to the chest since he may be writing a book on Behr. Whatever material does leak out is a lot like stumbling upon some early Stones bootleg material, it just keeps you engaged the whole weekend 8)

It is interesting to note that at the conclusion of Geoff's article it said his Future of Golf is being revised and updated.  What the hell is that?  Some of us special order it and now he's is changing it so soon after it has come out????

A_Clay_Man

Re:Max Behr's return to Mainstream
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 10:24:22 AM »
Kelly- I'm no reasearcher but I believe somewhere in the archives there's reference to a website at MSU. I think it's part of their turf school, and has some writtings from the man himself.

I wondered if you called Lakeside, in Studio City Ca. if the pro, the owner, or, the greens comm. chair, has ever read them?

The stuff is 95% pure gold.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back