News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Lawrence Largent

McArthur Golf Club in Jupiter Fl.
« on: March 12, 2005, 07:00:15 PM »
I have some pretty nice pics of the course if anyone can tell me how to post them onto the site. If your not aware the course is a new design by Fazio right next door to the Medalist. I'm assuming this is Nick Price's version. I'm anxious to hear some comments about the course.

Thanks
Lawrence

Jimmy Muratt

Re:McArthur Golf Club in Jupiter Fl.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 10:53:02 PM »
Lawrence,

Here is a recent thread on how to post pictures:
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=16739;start=msg291757#msg291757

I am anxious to see your pics of McArthur GC.  What were your impressions of the course?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 11:16:08 PM by Jimmy Muratt »

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 10:57:04 PM »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Sam Sikes

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 02:53:53 PM »
MacArthur is pretty good.  Certainly better than your average Fazio.  I ran into Lester George at the Honda this weekend, and he said that Price had to tone down Fazio a great deal in the construction of McA.  MacArthur is a much better version of Mirasol.  IMO, Medalist is better.  McA has some of the typical Fazio routing features like water on the left at an angle to the tee, but not quite Cape like.  There are some excellent holes out there though, and at least one terrible one, no. 10 or 11, a par five that does a U turn around a stream, with too many trees in the line of play.

james soper

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 05:21:11 PM »
no. 10 is the hole your referring to. way too severe with no room for error. however, mcarthur is certainly an up and comer with a decent caddie program and excellent conditioning. overall, i still think the medalist is a better course.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 05:47:15 PM »
McArthur is a pretty decent course, way better than either Mirasol or Medalist. I enjoy playing it.

One of the problems at McArthur is the whiteness of the sand. Everytime I have played there, I got a headache from the sand. I think the solution is to bring very dark sunglasses.

8,10 and I think 16 are 3 weak holes, but each can be corrected, and I'm sure at some point they will address that.

It is located a little further north of Jupiter Hills, and has a smaller version of the sand dune that Jupiter Hills sits on.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

rgkeller

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 05:58:46 PM »
MacArthur is a fine course with interesting options. It is not overly difficult.

The atmosphere is quiet and reserved and the conditioning excellent.

A nice secluded club with a nice course.

I like it better than the current edition of Medalist.

Lawrence Largent

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 06:21:03 PM »
I was fortunate enough to play The Medalist in the morning and Mcarther in the afternoon last month. I'm kinda torn because both courses have there good holes and then they have some really suspect holes. The members I know at the medalist are very upset with the direction the course is headed as far as the design aspects. I was really surprised on how well manicured the Medalist was but the par 3 4th and the 17th holes stood out the most to me. Mcarthur I thought was really good for a fazio but he still managed to get his elevated tees in even in South Florida. The 2nd hole stood out to me as a very good hole and maybe I think the par 4 6th also was a very interesting.

Lawrence

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 09:52:36 PM »
I have played Medalist a number of times with friends.  They all left Medalist and joined MacArthur.  They like it that much better.  Have not as yet played MacArthur.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back